Subscribe to enjoy award-winning journalism with The Times and The Sunday Times, 7 days a week. Download the app and receive the digital daily edition of the newspaper direct to your iPhone with all the latest global news headlines, business and finance reports and political commentary. Enjoy lifestyle and arts features as well as our in depth political coverage on any device.
Keep up to date with the latest global headlines as well as analysis and opinion from our award-winning columnists. Your new digital daily edition will update at 9am, Midday and 5pm because there is a difference between right now and right. We’ll give you the stories behind the headlines, keeping you well informed not just informed.
Discover stunning pictures, arts and lifestyle articles, interactive crossword puzzles and exclusive video reports from Great Britain and around the world. Improved and easy to use, there is a seamless link to The Times and The Sunday Times Sports app for instant access to sports reports, football match coverage, the latest results and more.
- Stay up-to-date with daily headlines, political developments, business and finance issues updated throughout at 9am, midday and 5pm
- To access all content from the past six days, simply tap on the menu icon and pick the day and section you wish to read. You will be able to read any article from the previous week, including all supplements
- Comprehensive sports reports and the latest football results
- Read the full range of the newspapers’ content with simple navigation in an easy to use format
- Save articles so that you can enjoy them later, at a time that suits you
- Browse award-winning journalism, audio, video and interactive content
- Use 3D Touch (on supported devices) to preview articles and gain instant access to features directly from the app icon
- Save and share your favourite articles from our columnists via E-mail, Facebook & Twitter across all sections, including news, business, world, sport, politics, finance, opinion and arts
- Play your favourite puzzles, including crosswords, Sudoku, and other games 7 days a week
Download the app now and get instant access to The Times and Sunday Times on your iPhone. Read quality news commentary, informed political opinion, finance issues with national and global headlines from an award winning team of journalists.
VIEW PREMIER LEAGUE VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS
Britain's only quality digital newspaper bringing you all the sports action with video highlights from this season's Premier League football matches.
For existing members of The Times and The Sunday Times, this app is complimentary as part of your subscription. Simply log in with your username and password to get started.
HOW TO ACCESS
The app is free to download and can be read in one of the following ways:
- Monthly subscription of The Times & The Sunday Times iPhone edition
- Existing members can log in with their Times and The Sunday Times username and password
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
- Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period
- You can manage your subscription and switch off the auto-renewal by accessing your Account Settings after purchase
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
- Full T+C's can be found at http://www.thetimes.co.uk/static/terms-and-conditions/
We value your opinion and feedback, as our reader’s views are central to ongoing development and improvements. You can send feedback to us directly by visiting: http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/public/livechat/
Follow us at:
We have added a new design to our sign-up page and fixed a bug with saving articles from a section page
Ratings and Reviews
Used on first iPhone 6+. I bought this and my subscription to The Times for the crossword. The crossword works well, with perhaps too many ‘checking’ options. It will store pretty much anything you have started to complete and allow you to return - similar to still finding printed versions in a pocket you haven’t used for some time. As my juvenile cataract worsens, and the rest of me becomes less juvenile, I would like more reliable scrolling of the grid and more ability to zoom/enlarge print, but I’m also pursuing the options for improving my eyesight... The paper part is clear, structured like the website, similar in flow to the paper. Searching for pieces is not satisfying, as previously noted, but then it serves to replicate the transience of the original. I’d rather it did not return to reload the edition from the front so frequently, and could update without disturbing where I left it, but apps seem designed to suit the software rather than the user.
As an app, it’s not a substitute for a paper copy of the newspaper. It’s very difficult to find an article a second time when it’s no longer headline news and there are many items in the paper that I don’t see on the app. They may well be there but there’s no logic to the layout.
I wish all the puzzles were available on both phone and iPad. Killer sudoku is on the phone but not iPad. Codeword is on iPad but not phone. If I want to solve a puzzle from a previous day on the phone, I have to redownload the whole edition and look; the archive system on the iPad is much better and I can’t see why the same system isn’t used.
Having said that, it has improved a lot, over the years. It updates promptly and it’s a pleasure to browse. I’ve given it four stars, for the first time, in acknowledgement of all the work that’s been done on the app.
Horrendous trying to cancel subscription
Great paper, very nice app, absolute nightmare trying to cancel my subscription. Wasn’t getting value for money ONLY because I didn’t have time to read it much so thought I’d cancel for a bit. “I hear what you’re saying, let me just sum up what you said to me, so what you’re telling me is blah blah stall blah, ‘hold on while I speak o a colleague, to try to work out a way to get you to stay’” Over and over again - incredibly annoying and verging on unpleasant.
Last time I had such a crap experience trying to cancel something was when I was emigrating and trying to cancel Sky, when I was out of contract - it was a nightmare. Weird, almost as if the two companies are linked in some way...
It.’s totally put me off - never want to sign up again, as I now know I’d have to go through all that nonsense to cancel.
- Times Newspapers Limited
- 166.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- The Times for iPhone is published by Times Newspapers Limited. © Copyright Times Newspapers Limited 2018. The Times is a registered trade mark of Times Newspapers Limited. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- The Times & The Sunday Times £25.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.