The Wall Street Journal.
By Wall Street Journal
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Make Time for the App That's As Ambitious As You Are - Subscribe Today and Get 4 Weeks Free! Now with Evernote Premium*.
The new WSJ app is an immersive digital news experience modeled after the iconic Wall Street Journal newspaper. It brings you the latest news, as well as expert commentary and analysis from around the world, with enhanced features and visual storytelling that bring the Journal to life. And it’s all delivered through a cleaner, simpler interface so you can find the news you need, anywhere you need it.
- A stunning visual experience with rich photo slideshows, full-screen video and interactive graphics
- Optimized performance that delivers faster load times and improved stability
- Streamlined navigation consistent with the structure of the paper, while offering quick access to breaking news and analysis.
- Multiple ways to read including the digital versions of our U.S., Europe and Asia print editions as well as the latest news from WSJ
Special Features for iOS 8:
- Notification Center that displays the top four stories pulled from latest news right on your home screen
- Interactive push notifications that link to a breaking news story that can be saved for later
- Start reading an article on one Apple device and seamlessly continue on another
Subscribe for $22.99 per month to receive unlimited digital access on iPad, iPhone, all other WSJ tablet & smartphone apps, and WSJ Online.
Your subscription will renew automatically each month and payment will be charged to your iTunes Account within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of your subscription is allowed during the active subscription period.
*A complimentary one year subscription to Evernote Premium is currently available only to U.S. subscribers who are eligible for WSJ+.
What's New in Version 6.3
Hello, and thank you for updating to the latest edition of the WSJ app. This release contains key fixes and enhancements, including:
- A fix that allows you to change your system font without crashing the Market Data tool
- You’ll also find updated currency symbols in Market Data popover windows that clarify monetary value
- YouTube videos are now embedded within the app to support a more seamless viewing experience
We are committed to making ongoing improvements to the performance of our app. In future releases, look forward to WSJ for Apple Watch and additional feature enhancements.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
For paying subscribers only.....
Pretty much useless unless you are a paying subscriber.
Why am I writing a review then? Because the App asked me to......
Update: now I am a paying subscriber. I rate the app better than the FT, for a better homer page with more stories. But the WSJ app keeps refreshing the home page every few seconds and I can't stop it. Each time it takes me back to the top. Hopeless.
Slow to update, search limited
Takes hours and hours for app to update to latest version. Most of the time you're stuck with yesterday's news on the WSJ sections well into a new day. Search function is very very basic and virtually no archive on the app when you search.
Nice typography and images
The way it updates whilst you're reading is a little annoying though
- Category: News
- Updated: 26 March 2015
- Version: 6.3
- Size: 28.0 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Wall Street Journal
- © 2015 Dow Jones & Company. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Wall Street Journal Europe£16.99
- The Wall Street Journal£16.99
- The Wall Street Journal Asia£16.99
- The Wall Street Journal Mobile£9.99
- The Wall Street Journal 日本£16.99