The Weather Channel for iPad
By The Weather Channel Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Now supports iOS7 and iOS6.
The Weather Channel for iPad combines interactive and beautiful imagery with our WEATHER(TM) expertise. With over 200 meteorologists and our ultra-local TruPoint(sm) forecasting technology, The Weather Channel helps you plan the best day possible for any season.
• Trusted forecasts help you plan your day, week, or even the next 15 minutes with the most accurate forecast available.
• Maps offer past and future radar, as well as customizable map layers (radar, clouds, temperature, rain, and snow, among others).
• Severe WEATHER(TM) page has everything you need to track and prepare for a storm, including an interactive hurricane tracker map, safety tips, National Weather Service (NWS) alerts, and breaking news video (when available)
• Severe WEATHER(TM) push alerts & badges
• Detailed WEATHER(TM) conditions give you the temperature, sunrise time, sunset time, cloud cover, precipitation, wind speed, and humidity.
• Beautiful HD WEATHER(TM) backgrounds
• Travel destination WEATHER(TM) - See average temperatures, average precipitation, forecasts, and more
• Latest news coverage, gorgeous user photos, and videos— everything from your local forecast to climate change.
• Statewide Flu levels and Pollen forecasts for the U.S.
Don’t forget to check us out at weather.com and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel for the latest breaking news.
We love when you take the time to provide us with your feedback. Please submit all questions and comments to http://feedback.weather.com
What's New in Version 3.10.0
New full color weather backgrounds!
Bug fixes and performance enhancements
4Me this is Gr8.
I enjoy using Weather Channel for my home area and being able to easily swipe to check the forecasts for the cities where my adult children reside.
The forecasts for my home area are mostly what I actually experience and I like the presentation and features on offer.
Doesn't even look like a weather app anymore...
I got this app two years ago, because it looked nice...what's with the meaningless background images? I re downloaded after a long time to see if there were any improvements, but unfortunately there are non to be noted. Just trash it all and start from scratch again. Look at other weather apps and see what you can do. It surely cannot be any worst than it is now. Good luck and see you again in 6 months.
Agree with comments made about being stuck on the ad. Also agree with comment that you should stop messing around with backgrounds. Presumably all this fancy stuff is what makes it so slow to open. I personally do not care about the backgrounds all that much and just want to see the weather. Also why would Melbourne Australia be described as clear and have pictures of a snow capped mountain in the background?