The Weather Channel App for iPad – best local forecast, radar map, and storm tracking
By The Weather Channel Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Enjoy the best day possible with the most accurate forecast available. When you see the world through weather, It's Amazing Out There.
• Trusted forecasts help you plan your day, week, or even the next hour.
• Detailed weather conditions include “feels like” temperature, sunrise time, sunset time, wind speed, humidity, UV index, visibility, dew point, and pressure. (Access them by tapping the circle on your main screen).
• Incredibly fast and accurate maps offer past and future radar as well as customizable map layers.
• Push alerts & badges help alert you of severe weather in your area. To set your alerts, tap the magnifying glass to open your favorite locations. Then, tap the information icon next to your location of choice. From there, you can toggle on/off severe and pollen alerts.
• Severe weather mode - During a severe event, we’ll activate a severe ticker at the top of your App. If the event is a hurricane, you can click the alert to see our interactive hurricane tracker.
• Beautiful and easy-to-use. This app is closely aligned to the iOS 7 aesthetic, and our amazing background photos match your current weather conditions.
• Weather news - From big storms to bizarre findings, stay up-to-date with the latest weather news, photos, and videos.
• Statewide flu levels and pollen forecasts.
• Travel destination weather (airplane icon) - Get everything you need to plan your next trip, such as average temperatures and precipitation, forecasts, the best time to visit, maps, and details to understand how the weather feels compared to your hometown.
Don’t forget to check us out at weather.com, like us on facebook.com/theweatherchannel, and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel for the latest breaking news. Your WEATHER™ wherever, whenever, and however you want it.
We love when you take the time to provide us with your feedback. Please submit all questions and comments to http://feedback.weather.com.
SUPPORTS iOS 6.0 AND ABOVE
What's New in Version 4.4.1
- Performance enhancements.
Uncannily accurate and so easy to use
I've been using 3 different weather apps in the past few months and this one is streets ahead of the others. Some stay with the forecast they plumped for earlier in the day and stick with it. By contrast, the Weather Channel is constantly updating both the current status and the forecast and can therefore be trusted. BBQ? Check out with WC
I have had this app for over a year, and it has been 98% correct. I have traveled around the world and easily gained access to the country that I was in or going to.
It has helped me when booking my holiday at short notice by using the forecast section and at one point changed my mind to a destination that I going to choose.
Best app that you can use
I have been using it for only a couple of months. The forecasts are usually correct and better than some others. It covers most of the places I go to.
My only problem is it seems to have limited coverage in Greece. I have not found a location it recognises in the popular tourist area of the Ionian Sea.