Find out all there is to know about Scotland's most famous poet, Robert Burns, with this expansive guide to his life and poetry. Includes over 500 of his poems, complete with translation of Scots terms, a timeline of his life as well as a guide to hosting your own Burns Supper on the 25th of January.
• A visual timeline of Robert Burns including articles on the key landmarks of his life and events commemorating him.
• Over 500 of his poems complete with English translations of words in the Scots dialect.
• A guide to hosting your own Burns Supper, from what to eat and drink to what music to listen to.
• Facts about Robert Burns and his impact on the world.
NOTE: Requires iOS 6 or later.
Fixes for iOS8+
Ratings and Reviews
Upgrade for IOS 11
A very useful app that I have used on 25th January, but it needs to be updated to 64 bit for IOS 11. Any chance?
Still problems with 3G
Before the last update it crashed on launch. Now it only crashes when accessing the timeline. It is also missing text info on the pages for'What to recite' and 'Wear to wear'. And missing Fact no.1! I'm onlu interested inthe poems so not really bothered by these problems, but it is irritating when apps don't do what they are supposed to. It is nice to have all the poems in a free app.
I think this would be a great app if only you could view all of the text at once. On the iPad I can only see a portion of the text, it's designed to be a landscape page but only shows on portrait (and doesn't turn with the iPad so you can see it) mode. You also can't move the page to see the missing text. I may persist with it in the hope that the above issues are resolved.
- The Scottish Government - Digital Communications Division
- 95.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Scotland.org
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.