We’re Trainline – Europe’s leading train and coach app. Every year we connect thousands of passengers with over 3,000 stations around the UK. Our app puts you in control of your trip, thanks to live train times, price alerts, Mobile Tickets and seat selection (where available).
What our users say:
“I use this app on a weekly basis and it is by far the best app available for accurate train departure times. Easy layout and extremely useful.”
“I’ve been using the app for about 2 years now and find it invaluable. Never had a problem. Even better with etickets. I live rurally and the train is the only method of transport for me unless I drive. The app makes train travel so much easier for me.”
• We’re the ultimate travel companion – from planning and price search, to Mobile Tickets and live travel updates, our app does it all.
• We work with dozens of train operators, meaning you can track routes and travel from thousands of UK train stations.
• Our clever tech gives you an easy way to book the fastest train and coach journeys.
• Use one of 30+ National Railcards to get cheap fares and discounts.
• Get price alerts when the cheapest tickets for your journey are available.
• Travel on National Express coaches nationwide and buy one-way tickets or return tickets easily.
• Book in advance or on the day of travel.
• Pay with Apple Pay, PayPay, all major credit cards or debit cards.
• Use our BusyBot tool to help you find carriages with available seats while you travel.
Value and convenience:
Find Advance tickets with our Price Prediction tool and save up to 43%* by booking at the right time. Once you’ve booked your tickets, save them to your phone for super-smooth travels and then, use live train times, platform numbers or delay info to keep your trip on track.
Why not travel by coach?
Search coach tickets for all major UK National Express routes and enjoy the comfort of air conditioning, free WiFi and VUER, National Express’ onboard entertainment system. Start a search and if there’s a coach available, we’ll suggest the best ticket price. And with Mobile Tickets, your phone is all you need.
Fancy a high-speed adventure across the Channel? Book the same great Eurostar fares with us in an instant using your Trainline account for direct journeys from London to Paris, Brussels, Lille or Calais.
We offer train tickets with dozens of UK train companies, meaning we’ve got both the entire UK covered. With the Trainline app, you can buy tickets for journeys with:
• Arriva Trains Wales
• Caledonian Sleeper
• Chiltern Railways
• East Midlands Trains
• Gatwick Express
• Grand Central Railway
• Great Northern
• Great Western Railway
• Greater Anglia
• Heathrow Connect
• Heathrow Express
• Hull Trains
• Island Line
• London Northwestern Railway
• London Overground
• London Underground
• Mersey Rail
• Northern Rail
• South Western Railway
• Southern Rail
• Stansted Express
• TfL Rail
• TransPennine Express
• Virgin Trains
• Virgin Trains East Coast
• British Rail
• National Rail
• West Midlands Railway
• London North Eastern Railway
So, what are you waiting for? Download the Trainline app today to get access to live train times, and cheap train and coach tickets.
Follow Trainline on social:
• Our blog: www.thetrainline.com/blog
• Facebook: facebook.com/thetrainlinecom
• Twitter: twitter.com/thetrainline
• Instagram: @trainline
*Average savings on UK Advance fares vs. cheapest UK non-Advance fares. Selected UK routes only. Subject to availability.
Small improvements under the bonnet
You may not notice major changes, but we've been tightening cogs and oiling springs in the background to make our app faster and more reliable, so your next journey runs smoother.
Love our app? Leave us a review and let us know your favourite features.
Have a safe and pleasant journey.
Ratings and Reviews
Anyone who’s booked train tickets in the UK knows it can be a labyrinthine task. Am I buying off-peak tickets? What is off-peak? What is “super” off-peak? Am I getting the best deal? We were thrilled to have all this—and more—finally made clear as day by a souped-up Trainline app. It’s become as essential to our train travel as a fully charged phone battery.
Would be more advantageous if you included the Freedom Pass. Trying to sort travel for mother-in-law is a nightmare on line as no one caters for the Freedom Pass therefore normally opt for manned booths when traveling outside of London.
Great App, so simple and easy to use
Very easy. I book all my train tickets using this app. Mobile tickets great. Ticketing in the UK is complicated but you just need to try different options and work out best price based on own view of flexibility. Quickly add to calendar, get a receipt and choose seats.
- 204.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Trainline.com Limited
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.