Trainline UK: Live Train Times, Tickets & Planner
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Trainline UK is the #1 most downloaded train app in Great Britain. Join over 10 million users and start searching for easier ways to travel next time you decide to take the rail.
Train travel made easy: plan your journey, check live train times and view station information in the palm of your hand. Buy tickets for any UK rail route in seconds and plan you journey better!
Trainline UK Features:
Make rail travel easy
• Plan your journey with an optimal selection of train times.
• View station information including bus numbers, train platforms and departure times.
• Visit recent and saved journeys on your home screen for future travels.
Buy tickets on the go:
• Buy tickets for any UK train route directly from your mobile.
• Purchase tickets up to 10 minutes prior to boarding, with your preferred payment details.
• Book your rail tickets in advance and save up to 43% on average.
Choose how you get your tickets:
• Collect tickets from over a thousand national rail stations.
• View ticket details directly from your app, even without an internet connection.
• Mobile tickets available for purchase on selected routes.
Major national train operators:
• Abellio Greater Anglia
• Arriva Trains Wales
• Caledonian Sleeper
• Chiltern Railways
• East Coast
• East Midlands Trains
• First Great Western
• Gatwick Express
• Grand Central
• Great Northern
• Heathrow Connect
• Heathrow Express
• Hull Trains
• London Midland
• London Overground
• Northern Rail
• South West Trains
• Transpennine Express
• Virgin Trains
• Virgin Trains East Coast
Winner of the Best of 2015 - Apple Watch App award, Trainline UK is the #1 travel app for all of your railway bookings and future journeys.
For more information visit: http://www.thetrainline.com/mobile/app/
Follow Trainline UK on:
• Our blog: http://blog.thetrainline.com/
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thetrainlinecom
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/thetrainline
• Google +: https://plus.google.com/+trainline/posts
What's New in Version iOS App 17
New year, new app update
In an uncertain future ruled by self-driving cars, VR motion sickness, celebrity presidency, and burgers grown in labs, there’s one thing you can rely on: new superpowers from your Trainline app. What a time to be alive.
We’re about to get 'meta' as the What’s New is what’s new. Yes, it’s new, it has emoji, we even drew a train (that moves!). We hope that makes you happy.
A great designer (Milton Glaser) once said, “There are three responses to a piece of design – yes, no, and WOW! We’re working on the last W of a new WOW feature for you all, so stay tuned for updates.
Have a safe and pleasant journey.
Good app - I would recommend it.
This app is great for ease of use on the train and helping those who 'lose' their paper tickets, either before why're setting off for the station and just cannot find their tickets, 'where DID I put them?' As well as those who can't find their tickets on the train; 'when the inspector calls'!
Couple of improvements required:
1. Make it more obvious, when booking tickets online, to request the mobile ticket and not to 'continue' the traditional way.
2. Have a note and or reminder to activate your ticket - 'on the day of travel' - as inspectors look at you in disbelief when your say "I forgot or did not know" , as it happened to me on my first attempt at using the app.
Overall, nice job - get it! Paul.
Needs the option to buy multiple journeys in one transaction
This is good but there are obvious areas for improvement. I booked a week's travel tickets to work and paid fees for each day/journey, as they had to all be separate transactions, but had the benefit of mobile tickets which I wanted. When I book on my laptop I can book all journeys for the week in only one transaction, meaning only one fee, but I have to have a huge number of physical tickets taking up room in my wallet.
When booking through the app they need to add the 'add another journey' option to enable bookings for all journeys in one transaction.
In an ideal world on the PC site they should add the option of sending the QR barcodes to your mobile for the tickets you order.
Great for people prone to running late...!
Fantastic app that has saved me on several occasions when I've needed last minute tickets, the cheapest tickets are always highlighted. Your details are saved in-app meaning transactions are quick and easy, and if you can get a mobile ticket even better - the ticket is saved in the app, so no more losing tickets between the machine and the train (as I have done several times). If you are usually running late (like me) the app keeps you updated on whether your train is on time, and what platform it is at so you can check as you're running into the station.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 23 January 2017
- Version: iOS App 17
- Size: 98.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Developer: thetrainline
- © Trainline.com Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.