Things for iPad
By Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Things is a delightful and easy to use task manager. It’s the perfect companion for everything you want to achieve in life, offering a great balance between ease of use and powerful features.
*** Updated for iOS 10 ***
“A stylish, simple yet intuitive task manager for the iPad.”, “It makes managing tasks not only easy, but fun.” - Appstorm.com (9/10)
“What’s most striking about the iPad version of Things is that, like the Mac version (which won an Apple Design Award), it presents a stunning interface that could entice even the most disorganized user to, well, get things in order.” - Macworld (4 1/2 mice)
• Featured by Apple as Editors’ Choice in many countries
• Featured by Apple in “New Year, New You”
• Featured by Apple in “Get Stuff Done - Apps for Productive People”
• Featured by Apple in “@work - Apps for Business”
When you start using Things, you’ll be surprised how easy it is to enter and manage your tasks. And with Things’ beautiful interface, task management becomes a delight. But all of this doesn’t come at the expense of power—everything you wish for in a task manager, Things has you covered.
• Today: Decide which tasks you want to do today and put them into your Today list. Throughout the day, come back to this list to check items off. Things will automatically show you due and scheduled items there once their date arrives - so you won’t miss anything important.
• Focus: See what you need to do Today, what’s coming up Next, and what’s Scheduled for later. Put tasks in Someday if you can’t work on them right now, you can always come back to them later.
• Keep organized: Work, Family, Hobby - with Things, everything has its place. Projects and Areas of Responsibility let you master complex tasks and stay on top of your responsibilities in life and work.
• Use Tags to assign contexts, priorities, time – whatever fits your personal workflow. Quickly filter a list to find those tasks which are most relevant now.
• Out of your head, into Things: Enter new ideas the moment they hit you. Adding to-dos is always just a tap away.
• And much more: Create repeating tasks, add due dates, schedule tasks for a later date, review completed tasks in the Logbook, etc.
Things for iPad includes new Slide Over & Split View multi-tasking support; new keyboard shortcuts; a Today Widget in Notification Center for quick access to your to-dos; Handoff support for seamless transition between Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch; an “Add to Things” extension for creating to-dos from other apps; and Push Sync with Background Refresh to keep to-dos up-to-date even while the app isn’t running.
Your to-dos, on all your devices. Things Cloud is a free service that stores your to-dos and updates them quickly & effortlessly across your Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch (apps sold separately).
We provide world-class, professional support for Things. If you have any issues or questions about the app, please contact us and we’ll be glad to help you: http://things.support
What's New in Version 2.8.10
• Fixed a crash when creating a new to-do with VoiceOver.
Intuitive and pretty. But lacks a lot for the price.
Initially after purchasing the Things app based on other reviewers I ended up deleting the app after a few weeks use in favour of another GTD app. However, when the replacement app I was using became outdated and eventually having problems running on iOS 9 I decided to search for a replacement and found the Things once more and decided to try it again.
Sadly it just does not do enough for me, and considering the price I feel it costs more than it should with the features it provides.
However the Things app is really simple to use and has a good looking interface. Certainly when using the app you will find it very intuitive, there is no doubt this app has been well thought out.
Some of the niggles I have include the lack to attach any files whatsoever, I would like to attach certain images or documents to my list of to-do's. Also, you cannot create a item via email like other GTD apps.
Though I may think the price is to high for what is provided by the app I find the Premium apps that are abundant on the app store which charge either a one off purchase fee or subscription based fees are exceedingly expensive compared to this app, but I guess there are some people who value these services very much indeed.
I will continue using Things until something that meets more of my requirements turns up, so fingers crossed the Things developers will add more functions (but not via In-App-Purchases) in the future.
A quality application for GTD
I use the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and OS X applications. Each are solid, the sync is reliable and they are easy to use. I have no complaints at all about these apps and I love using it on my iPad. Only downside is no Windows or browser-based app for when I'm at work, but that's not a problem with this app.
Great little app
Great little app