Ticket to Ride
By Days Of Wonder, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
BEST-SELLING BOARD GAME NOW AVAILABLE ON IPHONE AND IPAD WITH A NEW CROSS-PLATFORM MULTIPLAYER MODE AND BRAND NEW VERTICAL MAP: INDIA
The official adaptation of Days of Wonder's best-selling train board game, Ticket to Ride takes less than one minute to learn but a lifetime to master. Over 48 million games played online and a new game starting every 4 seconds on average! In addition to the exciting cross-platform asynchronous multiplayer mode, players will enjoy a new intuitive user interface, new social media capabilities to share exciting moments, and the brand new India map, the first vertical map to be available on Ticket to Ride.
**Pocket Gamer: 9/10 with Gold Award – "A fantastic adaptation of an excellent board game, and a must-buy for strategy fans". **Winner of the Pocket Gamer Awards for Best iPad Strategy/Simulation Game of the Year!
**iOS Board Games (BoardGameGeek.com): 9.5/10 – "A fun and engaging app that offers a sleek and speedy online multiplayer system. It ranks up there with the best offerings on iOS."
• Alan R. Moon's official Ticket to Ride maps with original artwork in full high resolution
• Online Play (WiFi, 3G, 4G) against other iPhone, iPad, Android, Mac and PC gamers
• An unparalleled online player community with tens of thousands of live opponents
• Solo play against up to 4 AI players
• Pass-and-Play with up to 4 live opponents
• Additional maps of Europe, Switzerland, USA 1910, Legendary Asia and India available as in-app purchases
• Detailed, interactive turn-by-turn, in-game tutorial
• Contextual in-game Conductor's Notes to help you master all the maps
• True cross-platform: players can challenge on other platforms including Steam PC and Mac, Android, iPhone, and iPad
• Online and offline Hall of Fame
For more information, please visit: http://www.daysofwonder.com/online/en/t2r/ and find all the latest news for Ticket to Ride Digital on Facebook and Twitter!
What's New in Version 2.0
• Asynchronous gaming (called "Multi Session Games"): play several Ticket to Ride games in parallel, turn by turn. Get notifications when it's your turn to play, watch your Player Clock, invite your buddies, etc.
• True cross-platform: start an asynchronous game on your iPhone and finish it in the evening on your home tablet, Mac or PC. "It's your turn" notifications are supported across operating systems.
• New map: India: it's a vertical one! The in-game user interface has been enhanced to support vertical maps. This also opens the road for future maps, since many expansions of the board game use the vertical format.
• Reworked user Interface for online gaming: direct access from the Play panel, and new Buddies invitation system.
• Adaptive user interface: the user interface adapts itself automatically to the screen format and offers two display modes: one for small screens and one for large screens.
• New social features: with the "Share" button at the end of a game, post a very nice graphic detailed representation of your game.
• Universal version: this version now works on both iPad and iPhone.
Need more testing clearly
I was initially excited about the Ticket To Ride update. All the new features sounded great, following the template of Carcassonne and Small World on how to do mobile board games. However the reality isn't anywhere near as polished as these other two products.
The idea of a universal app is not a bad idea at all and the updated version certainly looks a lot better than the previous pocket version, however the game is very unstable.
Also, for some reason Game Centre support has been removed. The reason cited is because it was unreliable and no one used it, however I think it is more likely so they can have cross platform functionality. Again, not a bad idea in theory, but when you use game centre to manage all your games only to find you've now lost all the games you where playing with your friends, this is frustrating.
I'm sure they will get there and sort out the bugs, but it really could have used a few more month in beta.
Update has made game far less enjoyable
My copy of the game was suddenly updated to a much less attractive layout that seems to have removed the left-handed option, made the game screen messier and made the whole app far more poorly laid out than before. Even the fonts look wrong. The game AI seems to have been given a tweak as well, and plays far more aggressively than it did before. Lots of the charm of this game has suddenly been lost - did a different developer work on the update?
Great game spoils by update
I would have rated this a 5 star game until this update. Left handed option does not work, image quality is poor, annoying prompt pop up in bottom of screen. Not worth the price or the price of additional maps
- Category: Games
- Updated: 19 November 2015
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 231 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Developer: Days of Wonder
- © Days of Wonder 2012-2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ticket to Ride Europe£3.99
- Ticket to Ride USA - 1910£0.79
- Legendary Asia£2.99
- Ticket to Ride - Switzerland£2.99
- Ticket to Ride Complete Pack£3.99