Ticket to Ride
By Days Of Wonder, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
THE BEST-SELLING BOARD GAME NOW PLAYABLE ON THE IPAD
Elegantly simple… 3 minutes to learn… tension building at every turn – definitely NOT your Father's train game!
*** Apple Game of the Week (iPad), June 9-15, 2011 – #1 in Strategy Games – #1 in Board Games – #9 in Top Apps in the App Store*** (Source: TopAppCharts, May-June 2011)
**Pocket Gamer: 9/10 with Gold Award – "A fantastic adaptation of an excellent boardgame, and a must-buy for strategy fans"
**Ars Technica: "The iPad version of Ticket to Ride impresses right from the beginning."
**Wired: "the app is a beaut. If you’re a fan of board games and you’ve got an iPad, this is definitely one you’ll want to get."
**148Apps: 5 Stars and Editor's Choice – "…the best translation of a board game to iOS yet"
**iOS Board Games (BoardGameGeek.com): 9.5/10 – "A fun and engaging app that offers a sleek and speedy online multiplayer system. It ranks up there with the best offerings on iOS."
By the makers of Small World for iPad, winner of the Pocket Gamer Awards 2011 for Best iPad Strategy/Simulation Game of the Year!
The best Online adaptation yet of Days of Wonder’s best-selling train game, Ticket to Ride features:
• Includes Pass-and-Play with up to 5 live opponents on one iPad
• Alan R. Moon’s official Ticket to Ride maps with original artwork
• Game Center and Days of Wonder Online support for Online Play against other iPad, Mac and PC gamers
• An unparalleled online player community with tens of thousands of live opponents willing and ready to play 24/7!
• Solo play against up to 4 AI players
• Additional maps of Europe, Switzerland and USA 1910 available as in-game purchases
• Terrific iPad video tutorial with voice acting for quick and easy learning
• Detailed, interactive turn-by-turn, in-game tutorial
• Contextual in-game Conductor’s Notes (web-based rules) to help you master all the maps
• Grand Central Station, a fully-animated and colorful experience to discover the world of Ticket to Ride
• Online and offline Hall of Fame
What's New in Version 1.4.4
Bug fixes due to recent iOS update
Great board game transition to tablet. Pass and play works really well with a group, with destination tickets hidden from other players. AI has different 'personalities' meaning some try and get lots of tickets, others try and maximise track scoring etc - playing with a mixture of them enhances games with friends. Local play or online lets people use their own tablets.
Haven't bought the other maps yet, but will do. Kids love it!
The game is good, but there's a lot of in-app extensions of the game, I wish there was more features that were given with the original purchase of the game. ( I would also love to change my character from the boy to a girl ) but other than that - the game is good and easy to get used to, and i like that you can change the difficulty of the other characters! =) x
- p.s. The guy that's holding the ticket on the main home screen has 6 fingers.
Great game, poor online mode
Please update the online mode for this game. It's fantastic, other than the sheer clunkiness of setting up a game online with friends. I regularly play Small World (please replicate what your Devs did with this), Carcassonne and Lords of Waterdeep online with friends with absolute ease. Why it's so difficult for Ticket to Ride to get it right is mystifying. This game would be an easy 5 stars with a robust online mode.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 14 March 2014
- Version: 1.4.4
- Size: 148 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Developer: Days of Wonder
- © Days of Wonder 2012
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ticket to Ride Europe£3.99
- Ticket to Ride USA - 1910£0.79
- Ticket to Ride - Switzerland£2.99
- Legendary Asia£2.99