By Phil Legg
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Tide Times offers a simple and accurate 7-day forecast for UK tidal time. It is the most comprehensive app available, with hundreds of locations on the UK coastline. Whether you are surfing, kayaking, boating, fishing, or simply visiting the beach, remember to stay safe by checking the water conditions with Tide Times.
** IMPORTANT: To display times for British Summer Time, please ensure that Auto Time Zone is on. This is to provide the option for seafarers who require UTC/GMT time. **
- Hundreds of locations around the UK coastline, covering all regions including England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Guernsey, Jersey, Isle of Wight and more!
- 7 day forecast with clear visual plot of tidal pattern.
- Current tide height is shown on the visual plot by green marker.
- Support for Online and Offline use (indicated by the blue or gray background respectively).
- Store all your favourite locations for quick review by swiping left and right (just like the built-in Weather app).
- Simple and intuitive design that shows you the important information quickly!
- Universal App designed for both iPhone and iPad! Download it once and use it on both devices!
Please note that a network connection is required to retrieve new data (data can then be viewed in offline mode if there is no signal at the beach!)
Thank you very much for downloading Tide Times, it is greatly appreciated and I hope you find the app useful. Please remember to check out my other apps that may also be useful.
What's New in Version 2.2
Optimised for iOS 7 with new graphics, icon.
Bug fixes to prevent crashes.
As the captain of a ferry I have a in-depth understanding of tides in the Solent, after reading some of the bad revues of this app I have checked the data against admiralty website, easy tide, if any one thinks that 2ports just a few miles apart should have nearly the same hight tide just check out the difference between Stansore point and Cows just 2miles apart and a 10 min difference yet Southampton and Cows that are 10 miles apart and 1min difference, regional variations can make a vast difference to tide times, this is a great app if you won't to check tide times, although this app is no substitute for a good tide chart and the knowledge to use it
Great app, tide times for my location on the north Kent Coast always seem spot on and the layout is very intuitive.
My only criticism is that since the last update, some of the colours on the display make bits of it hard to read, the days in particular.
It would be nice if the colours were configurable, or at least chosen to provide a better contrast.
Tried all the rest but this delivers best fastest
Downloaded them all but this app just tells me what I need to know fast without having to do anything like setup locations etc.. It tells me the tide times fast where ever I am. Could do with gui makeover to be a perfect app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: 25 September 2013
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 6.5 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Phil Legg
- © 2011-2013 Phil Legg
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.