Essential TIDES tool for sailors, divers, canoeists, fishermen, surfers, swimmers, photographers and anyone involved with sport or leisure at the seaside. At the push of a button Tides Planner allows you to see tides for 8,000+ WORLDWIDE locations. NO CONNECTION REQUIRED as the app has its own database.
One tap to tides for your favourites. Advanced users can take advantage of extensive tools to calculate time windows for entering/leaving and clearing depths.
- Tidal graphs
- Week ahead tide table
- Minimum/maximum depths
- Chart depth/actual depth
- Standard port information
- Spinning globe for rapid location search
- Search by name
- Time of sunrise/sunset, dawn/twilight
- Moon phases, rise/set
- Date of spring/neap tides
- Notepad and copy/paste + email
- Favourites and recents
- Scrolling scales
- Coefficients (France)
- Currents (UK, Ireland, North Sea, Netherlands and parts of the German coast)
From version 3.0 enhanced predictions for Europe based on our own constituent analysis system. Other countries to follow.
Worldwide coverage. Some countries have time limits from the national Hydrographic Office.
The app gives access to all its features, but the free initial download is limited to tides for one day. To get future predictions use the Extensions within the app (In App purchase):
- Year on year: use the extensions within the app (In App purchases) to enable future predictions.
- In certain countries get a Hydrographic Licence to remove restrictions.
HYDROGRAPHIC OFFICE LICENCES
During a valid year:
- Italy, USA, Canada (main ports), Australia, New Zealand, Japan and other countries: ANY DAY in the year.
- Denmark, Spain, Portugal, South Africa, Oman, Argentina: SEVEN DAYS at a time.
The following can be extended with a Hydrographic Office Licence to remove country restrictions:
- UK, Ireland, Germany and all UKHO ports: change from seven days to ANY DAY.
- Netherlands: change from seven days to ANY DAY.
- Belgium: change from seven days to ANY DAY.
- France and SHOM ports: from one day to ANY DAY.
Each Hydrographic Office Licence is ONLY PURCHASED ONCE and applies to all Valid Years.
Imray: publishers of nautical charts, books and apps. Look out for other applications in the Marine Navigation Series from Imray.
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/imray_charts
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Japanese
Predictions are based on the harmonic method, using constants from the Hydro offices (UKHO, SHOM, NOAA, BOM, CHS etc). There are differences between the app predictions and the official Hydro office tide tables, as these are based on large numbers of constants that are not made publicly available. The Hydro offices consider the harmonic methods used in this product appropriate for navigation.
Always consult tidal curves and take into account local weather (pressure and wind) and swell conditions, which can have a very significant effect on sea water levels.
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Eileen Kate CY35
It’s quite bizarre that users continue to grumble about paying a few pounds for accurate data that has been calculated and verified by the worlds leading office on tidal data... Particularly when we consider that an iPhone is rarely provided by Apple for free! An excellent app, complimenting the other apps provided by the developer. Can’t think I’ll ever need another tide prediction tool and I certainly haven’t needed to draw a tidal graph since first taking this app on board over eight years ago! Very unusual to be able to note positive and objective responses to user feedback from the developer. Presumably these people have to be paid from the couple of pounds we pay for the annual usage! Keep up the excellent work.
Many thanks for such a nice review. Keeping the app up to date and in good shape on all of the latest Apple devices and operating systems takes a lot of work behind the scenes, much more than people realise. Such positive feedback makes it all worthwhile!
I have just purchased years app extension for £3.99
Although I have had information that I have paid I cannot get dates other than the next 6 days !!
It says I require a Hydrographic licence.
Can you explain please ?
Hi there, sorry you are having problems. Please can you email firstname.lastname@example.org with a screenshot from the Tools/App Extensions section of the app so we can help to solve the problem? Thanks
The best tide planner
I have used a lot of tide planning apps and find this one to be the best. It has powerful functionality that makes planning sailing trips easier.
Thank you for the nice review! Best wishes from all at Imray
- Imray, Laurie, Norie & Wilson LTD
- 104.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Imray, Laurie, Norie & Wilson LTD
- In-App Purchases
- Tides 2016 £3.99
- Tides 2017 £3.99
- UK, Ireland, Germany any day £5.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.