By Nick Drabovich
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FREE for one day (then back to $1.99)!
Featured by Apple in New & Noteworthy.
#2 Photo app in France - (Sept 2011)
Tile Wallpaper allows you to create stylish tiled wallpapers just like on a desktop computer - and even better:
- Wallpapers may have different size of tiles.
- Use up to 4 images to create wallpapers which can actually tell a story.
- Portrait and landscape photos will be combined together.
- Photos can be automatically cropped to fit screen (you can turn this off in Settings).
How it works
1. Choose number of images for your wallpaper (1, 2, 3 or 4 photos).
2. Load images.
3. Select the best wallpaper.
4. Save the wallpaper to Photos.
For the best results use only landscape or only portrait photos for each wallpaper. If you want to experiment and mix landscape and portrait photos, please note that photos will be automatically rescaled to fit dimensions of the first opened image.
How to set your new wallpaper
1. Open Photos app.
2. Choose the image.
3. Set it as your wallpaper.
Tile Wallpaper saves images with the following size:
- 320x480 px
- 640x960 px (for Retina screens)
- 1024x768 and 768x1024 px for iPad. Simply rotate iPad to get landscape or portrait wallpapers.
Tile Wallpaper is partially supported by iAds (if/when available).
What's New in Version 1.1
- UI enhancements;
- iPad iOS 3.2 support;
- Faster launch.
LOVE THIS APP!!
I never usually review apps but this is really simple, easy to use and means you can actually make your iPhone look really nice. Did exactly what I wanted first time and if you experiment a bit you can come up with some really cool stuff! Nice app logo too so you don't even have to have it hidden away in a folder. LOVE IT
This app makes tiles, that's it.
You should always buy apps that do what you want. This app makes tiles. It does this very well. I also picked it up for free.
I often need to make tiles for backgrounds to digital images.
I can do this now with this app. It's a win.
I used to love this app and used it for all my wallpapers then after an update I was unable to do more than one picture without it freezing and crashing on me. Since then I've been unable to use the app and there have been no other updates and no way to receive help leaving the app all but useless for the purposes I downloaded it for
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: 03 December 2010
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 0.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Nick Drabovich
- © 2010 Nick Drabovich
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.