Time to Roast
By The Boffin Lab Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Calculate the cooking time for your Sunday roast by simply entering the weight of the meat. Quickly see the temperature and cooking time or read the easy to follow instructions. Includes information for traditional roasts such as beef and chicken as well as once in a while treats like goose or duck.
• The Independent newspaper 'The 10 Best Apps for Foodies', August 2012
• iTunes 'Apps for Foodies' feature, June 2011
• Channel4 'Top 10 food apps' website review, May 2011
• iTunes 'In the kitchen' feature, March 2011
• iTunes 'Festive Cooking Apps' feature, December 2010
• T3 magazine 'Apps of the Month', Christmas 2010
• Quick and easy to use
• Summary of cooking times
• Easy to follow cooking instructions
• How to test the meat is cooked
• Alarms to notify you of actions to take at each stage of cooking
• Configure the units you want to use: °C or °F , kgs or lbs and Gas, Fan/Convection or Conventional ovens
• Configure your oven preheating time
• Cooking preference for red meats
For the alarms to work when the app is running in the background make sure that they are switched on in the Notification Center by going into the Settings app.
What's New in Version 1.8
Fixes crash when resetting alarms after app has been shutdown and restarted.
Other minor bug fixes.
Used this for several years now
Much simpler than digging out a book and messing with weights. Sets alarms for all phases of cooking. Takes all the stress out of cooking a large dead animal.
After the latest bug fix it is a useful app. I do think it needs a countdown timer tho, rather than a 'line' (so you can time when to put in your veggies etc)
Good App support👍
Have found times a little hit and miss but the add extra time is great - so much better than digging around for cookbooks.
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: 08 January 2014
- Version: 1.8
- Size: 8.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: The Boffin Lab Limited
- © 2010 The Boffin Lab Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.