By Andreas Illiger
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
You have always dreamed of flying - but your wings are tiny. Luckily the world is full of beautiful hills. Use the hills as jumps - slide down, flap your wings and fly! At least for a moment - until this annoying gravity brings you back down to earth. But the next hill is waiting for you already. Watch out for the night and fly as fast as you can. Otherwise flying will only be a dream once again.
Tiny Wings was chosen as the iPhone Game of the Year in App Store Rewind 2011 in Europe and many other countries. Thank you Apple and a big thank you to all Tiny Wings fans!
• simple but skillfull "one button" (ok... maybe "one tap") arcade game about the dream of flying
• the world is changing every day - so it does in this game! Procedural generated graphics will make "tiny wings" look different every day you play
• upgrade your nest by fulfilling tasks
• Two game modes: "Day Trip" and "Flight School"
• Play as the mama bird or one of her four children
• 15 hand-designed levels in the new "Flight School" mode
• iCloud support (even syncs your game between the iPhone & iPad versions)
• optimized for iPhone 5
What's New in Version 2.1
- Tuna islands / 5 new Level
I can certainly see why this game is liked but I don't quite see why it gets the accolades it does.
With inconsistent registering of your ↝ slides*, restart after restart to try getting a perfect run, game after game of slow upward crawls because you missed a downward slope that you can't yet see while travelling at break neck speeds, then before you know it you've wasted so much of your time & moved nowhere. Before you realise it, you're left with a frustrating time burglar that's not really very fun to play.
It's VERY well presented, audio is lovely & not bad in small doses, but as soon as you spend time on objectives it just loses its charm.
*What can look like a perfectly good slide with no jarring speed loss or bouncing, can sometimes lose your fever mode. Another time I've had fever mode stop on an upwards slope.
Well presented but rather frustrating
It's a nice idea, but the central mechanic is very fussy- supposedly 3 good slides in a row will put you in 'fever' mode, but they don't always register. Moreover, moving at speed makes it virtually impossible to judge where you'll land, and if you get it wrong you'll lose all momentum you've built up.
Looks great, but it's just too irritating to be properly fun
Stuck on a level for two years!
Loved this game but got stuck on the mission where you have to fly through the 4th Island in fever mode. Gave up and came back a year later, wiped the levels to start over and enjoy the game, now stuck on same level!! Needs more updated content.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 14 August 2014
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 12.8 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Developer: Andreas Illiger
- © 2011 Andreas Illiger
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.