The AS/400 - also called the "IBM iSeries," is a midrange server from IBM, designed for the business world. TN5250 is a terminal emulator which provides access to an AS/400.
Wants to receive print jobs from an AS/400, try Mocha TN3812 for iPhone/iPad.
Has a 5 minutes session limitation.
- Supports all standard 5250 emulation features
- Alternate screen size (24x80 or 27x132)
- SSL/TLS (Secure Socket Layer)
- Zoom and scroll as the Safari browser
- Auto login
- Hardware barcode scanners from SocketMobile and Linea
- Support for Zebra LI3678 scanner.
- Camera as barcode scanner
- Support for 10 different EBCDIC code pages
- Colors can be customized
- Device name support
- Better layout for devices without a home button.
- Host print key added to the key banner.
- Hold down the space bar to move the cursor anywhere on the 5250 screen.
Ratings and Reviews
LITE is not quite...
This version is fully functional but if you can work your iSeries (AS/400, Power server with IBM i, whatever you want to call it) without Attn, page up and page down then this is all you need. Other folks will need the paid version (or, possibly, an external keyboard but the app is cheaper!)
The quality and ease of use of this app have convinced me that Mochasoft know 5250 though so the paid app is a lot less of a gamble. Job done?
Great for connection to I-series
Just tried this Lite version. Pretty consistent with IBMs Client Access and HOD emulations
Lite version only has some function keys enabled. I could not use our work system well without the F12 enabled
Overall has that 60s look and feel to it as you expect with anyone emulating a I-series system
The cost for the full version seems a little steep. I would only use my iPad or iphone for emergency access only
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.