The AS/400 - also called the "IBM iSeries," is a midrange server from IBM, designed for the business world. TN5250 is a terminal emulator which provides access to an AS/400.
Wants to receive print jobs from an AS/400, try Mocha TN3812 for iPhone/iPad.
Before buying please try TN5250 Lite
- Supports all standard 5250 emulation features.
- Alternate screen size (24x80 or 27x132).
- SSL/TLS (Secure Socket Layer).
- Zoom and scroll as the Safari browser
- Auto login.
- Voice input.
- Hardware barcode scanners from SocketMobile, Linea and Mobilogics.
- Support for Zebra LI3678 barcode scanner.
- Camera as barcode scanner.
- Support for 10 different EBCDIC code pages.
- Colors can be customized.
- Device name support.
- supports Linea Pro 7 scanner hardware
- general bug fixing
Ratings and Reviews
We love the IBM Iseries for its fantastic reliability and this app allows remote access easily and cheaply by iPad.
The layout of the keyboard is superb, allowing natural access to the green screen as if in the office. The wonderful resolution of the iPad makes up for a small green screen in portrait. It should be said it's not great landscape because you have to switch between keyboards. They're all there in portrait in one half screen.
The operation of the software is as expected from Mocha, whose pc software we've used before. It just works seamlessly. £21 is a lot for an iPad app, but this is specialised and what it allows you to do would be far more expensive by any other means. Good value, functional, and pleasant to use.
The lite version is ok to get the idea of how it works, but it is no substitute for the real thing. Thoroughly recommend the full version.
Does the job
Saves me turning on my PC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.