To The Brink: JFK and the Cuban Missile Crisis
By National Archives and Records Administration
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The "To the Brink" app brings the National Archives and its JFK Library and Museum exhibit to iPads. This free app contains many of the same photographs, documents, and recordings found in the exhibit — allowing people unable to visit the exhibit a chance to experience one of the most extraordinary moments in American history.
What's New in Version 1.1
• Additional archive documents, including a psychiatric personality study of Fidel Castro prepared by the CIA.
• Additional pages added to some existing documents.
• Improved interface for footnotes.
• Improved interactivity for outbound links.
• Modifications to document and gallery content order.
Very interesting app, well presented and simple navigation with rich detail when you want to go further into an event, alternatively take a simple overview of this fascinating 2 week period.
An absolutely superb and fascinating app covering the Cuban missile crisis of 1962. Exactly the kind of thing the iPad is perfect for, and extremely well implemented, with videos, diagrams and declassified documents.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: 06 November 2012
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 450 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: National Archives and Records Administration
- © 2012 National Archives and Records Administration
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.