Hear hear! The best thing since sliced bread.
• Game of the Week! - TouchArcade
• "Toast Time is for you." 5 / 5 - TouchArcade
• "Breakfast-themed digital madness." 5 / 5 - Big Red Barrel
• "A retro experience like no other." 4.5 / 5 - GameWoof
• "See what indie games on smart phones should feel like." 87/100 - PixelFreak
• "A perfect showcase for what can be achieved on the mobile platforms." - The Reticule
• "Completely bonkers, packed with humour, full of cute levels and charm and is endless amounts of fun!" 4.5 / 5 - CalmDownTom
An appetising arena shoot-em-up garnished with tower-defence elements and served warm with awesome-sauce (probably syrup).
A throwback to the golden age of video games where old-school homebrew titles fused arcade action with a distinctly British sense of humour.
Inter-dimensional time-blob beasties have sailed the cosmos in pursuit of spare time, and now they've found it, tasted it, on an idyllic Monday morning.
Assume the role of TERRY (toast-ejecting recoil & reload system), a humble and solitary toaster with an uncontrollable love for English breakfasts, hats and scheduling.
Tap to launch toast, crumpets and magnitudes of other breakfast paraphernalia at the beasties. Bounce around and crush them with your hot metallic mass. Tip over bins, and use the environments to your advantage. Drink a little coffee and go a little crazy. Do everything it takes to defend toast time – you are Monday morning's final hope. Have your toast and eat it.
• 54 action-packed missions.
• 16 exciting bread-based weapons.
• Iron man survival mode.
• Bonus COFFEE TIME mode.
• Loads of colourful hats and customisations.
• Addictive and original gameplay specifically designed for touch.
• Achievements and online high-scores.
• Super-slick audio and calibrated soundtrack -- each level has its own track!
• No IAPs!
iCloud game saves!
Full 64-bit compatibility!
Ratings and Reviews
Vaguely playable but I hate the price drop so soon
I paid the full price on the day of release but now the developer has reduced the price to 69p. I feel that I should have waited and will no longer buy apps on the day of release. There should be a period of at least two weeks before the price of an app can be reduced to protect early buyers who like me were supporting an app without iApp.
Frustrating, annoying and unrewarding
While this game is conceptually similar to Super Crate Box — a game I actually love — its control mechanics are infuriating, the score system is confusing (why am I scoring 1, 2 or 3 stars?) and the whole overall experience is just plain annoying. I understand that practice is the key, but this game isn't enticing at all. Buy this game if you hate yourself.
I ❤ Toast
Glad there is Iron Man mode, so you can keep playing even if you have completed the game.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.