TomTom Western Europe
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the TomTom Navigation app. Now save up to 30% for a limited time.
Last minute plans? With the TomTom Navigation app, driving somewhere new couldn’t be easier. You’ve always got your iPhone with you, so navigation’s close at hand. And losing signal is not a problem, because the app works not only online, but offline too. This saves you money on data roaming costs, and, you’ll have constant access to the same maps, technology and world-class navigation as on our satnavs. It’s the app that drivers can rely on.
Only the TomTom Navigation app offers all this:
›› Voice-guided turn-by-turn car navigation. Find your way the easy way with with clear voice instructions and a 2D or 3D view of the route ahead. Including automatic rerouting if you miss your turning.
›› Advanced Lane Guidance. Gives you extra clarity when navigating difficult junctions.
›› TomTom Offline Maps. Maps are stored on your iPhone or iPad – so you don't need a data connection.
›› FREE Lifetime Maps. Download 4 or more full updates every year for the life of your app.
›› FREE Daily Map Changes. Benefit from shared daily map corrections from our 20 million Map Share community.
›› IQ Routes. The fastest routes, the most accurate and reliable arrival times at all times of day.
›› Traffic. Drive with world-class traffic information (available via in-app purchase). (1)
›› FREE Offline Speed Cameras. Pre-installed and updated with every app release
›› Speed Cameras. Receive real-time mobile and fixed speed camera locations (available via in-app purchase). (1)
›› Spoken Street Names. Helping you to keep your eyes on the road.
›› Powerful search. Search for destinations with TomTom Places, Facebook™ and foursquare™.
›› Multitasking support. Clear turn-by-turn guidance while on the phone.
›› Seamless integration. Integrates easily with your iPhone/iPad contacts, photos, music, email, browser, calendar, iCloud and maps.
For all features and full descriptions please see www.tomtom.com/navigation/iphone
*** MAPS COVERAGE ***
- AD, AT, BE, CH, DE, DK, ES, FR, FI, GB, IC, IE, IT, LI, LU, MC, MT, NL, NO, PT, SE, SM, VA.
- For country abbreviations see http://goo.gl/xCJWT
*** MORE INFORMATION ***
- The TomTom Navigation app requires a GPS signal. 3G-enabled iPads, iPhone 3GS, and later models have an internal GPS receiver. Users of non-3G iPads and iPod touch 4th gen and later models will require an external GPS receiver. The original iPhone, iPhone 3G, original iPad, original iPod touch and iPod touch 2nd/3rd gen are not supported.
(1) Check http://www.tomtom.com/navigation/iphone for availability per country. Services are available via in-app purchase and require a mobile phone connection. Your operator may charge you for the data used and costs may be significantly higher when used abroad. Services can only be used on one device at the same time. If you want to use your subscription to a different device, restore your purchases in the TomTom Shop on your preferred device.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Photos can only be used for navigation if you have enabled Location Services in the Camera application.
What's New in Version 1.16
- LATEST, UPDATED TOMTOM MAP: because roads are constantly changing, on average 15% of roads change every year, your TomTom App update comes with the latest and most up-to-date map.
- NEW iOS7-STYLE DESIGN: the app has been refreshed so it fits better with the all-new design of iOS7. Clean, fresh icons, fonts and menus and a translucent status bar make the app feel every bit iOS7 as can be.
- INSTALLATION TIP: This app uses the standard update mechanism of iOS. If you are having problems updating your app, the following steps may be of help:
1. Make sure that iCloud back-up is enabled on your device.
2. Open and close the TomTom app to make a backup.
3. Delete the app to free up space.
4. Remove other apps, videos, music and photos until you have at least 4.3GB free space.
5. Download the update from the App Store.
If possible, we recommend that you install updates via iTunes on your computer.
If these tips do not resolve your problem please contact Apple Support for further assistance.
Does all I expected
Realised I'd need the car kit with my 3GS so factored that into my decision to buy this rather than a separate GPS; clincher was no need to carry a separate unit when travelling and using it in rental cars. No car kit for my 5S but it works fine with a standard cradle. A few map and POI errors but I've yet to find a GPS that doesn't; nothing significant.
Main complaint has been that TomTom can be slow actioning error reports. When I first got (three or so years ago) it showed our local railway station in the next village - I lost count of how many times I reported it and only fixed in the last month or two. When the Apple maps app came out in iOS6 it had the same error but Apple fixed it within a couple weeks of me reporting it).
Overall, a good buy. Pity price has come down and what I paid would now buy the full Europe version.
Most reliable GPS app
Well designed app. Very reliable and selects most efficient routes. A few suggestions for improvements:
1. Journey time estimations can be unreliable for long journeys, or those during rush hour. Advance planning, for example, for a trip from Bath to London during rush hour was more than 90 moms off. Thought IQ routes would have adjusted for that.
2. Using 'Places' can be a bit tricky - not always clear where you're going to (e.g. Airport terminals - doesn't always say which one) or petrol stations (ended up being sent to 3 closes ones - would be good to send you to ones that are 24/7).
That said, these are minor and I think tomtom offer by far the best navigation app I've seen. So 5*.
Used for 3 years.
Used this app for 2 1/2 years on my 4s. It's mapping was great and I always found where I needed to go. The HD traffic was superb and I could make on the spot choices about which route to take. Sometimes through country lanes but I always got there. When I changed to a 5s I thought I would try Waze and save some money. The traffic reports were not as good so I recently switched back to TomTom which had updated to this version. However the traffic subscription is a mess. What has happened? It keeps trying to change route constantly. It finds traffic then it's clear again. It diverted me a route which was supposedly clear but had masses of queues. If you close the traffic bar and open it or recalculate the route it finds traffic that wasn't there before. Absolute mess. Luckily I only took a one month subscription this time but it needs fixing.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 18 December 2013
- Version: 1.16
- Size: 1.81 GB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Developer: TomTom
- ©2008 - 2013 TomTom International B.V. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 1 Month TomTom Traffic£2.49
- 12 Month TomTom Traffic£18.99
- 12 Months TomTom Speed Cameras£14.99
- 1 Month TomTom Speed Cameras£1.49
- Darth Vader£3.99
- Mr. Burns£3.99
- Wallace & Gromit£3.99