TomTom Western Europe
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the TomTom Navigation app. Now save up to 20% for a limited time.
TomTom Navigation for iPhone/iPad. World-class navigation that’s trusted by millions of drivers.
Last minute plans? With the TomTom Navigation app, driving somewhere new couldn’t be easier. You’ve always got your iPhone with you, so navigation’s close at hand. And losing signal is not a problem, because the app works not only online, but offline too. This saves you money on data roaming costs, and, you’ll have constant access to the same maps, technology and world-class navigation as on our satnavs. It’s the app that drivers can rely on.
Only the TomTom Navigation app offers all this:
›› Voice-guided turn-by-turn car navigation. Find your way the easy way with with clear voice instructions and a 2D or 3D view of the route ahead. Including automatic rerouting if you miss your turning.
›› Advanced Lane Guidance. Gives you extra clarity when navigating difficult junctions.
›› TomTom Offline Maps. Maps are stored on your iPhone or iPad – so you don't need a mobile data connection or large mobile data plan. Updated for free with every major release.
›› FREE Daily Map Changes. Benefit from shared daily map corrections from our 20 million Map Share community.
›› IQ Routes. The fastest routes, the most accurate and reliable arrival times at all times of day.
›› Traffic. Drive with world-class traffic information (available via in-app purchase). (1)
›› FREE Offline Speed Cameras. Pre-installed and updated with every app release
›› Speed Cameras. Receive real-time mobile and fixed speed camera locations (available via in-app purchase). (1)
›› Spoken Street Names. Helping you to keep your eyes on the road.
›› Powerful search. Search for destinations with TomTom Places, Facebook™ and foursquare™.
›› Multitasking support. Clear turn-by-turn guidance while on the phone.
›› Seamless integration. Integrates easily with your iPhone/iPad contacts, photos, music, email, browser, calendar, iCloud and maps.
*** MAPS COVERAGE ***
- AD, AT, BE, CH, DE, DK, ES, FR, FI, GB, IC, IE, IT, LI, LU, MC, MT, NL, NO, PT, SE, SM, VA.
- For country abbreviations see http://goo.gl/xCJWT
*** MORE INFORMATION ***
- The TomTom Navigation app requires a GPS signal. 3G-enabled iPads, iPhone 4, and later models have an internal GPS receiver. Users of non-3G iPads and iPod touch 5th gen and later models will require an external GPS receiver. The original iPhone, iPhone 3G/GS, original iPad, original iPod touch and iPod touch 2nd/3rd/4th gen are not supported.
(1) Check http://tomtom.com/19212 for availability per country. Services are available via in-app purchase and require a mobile phone connection. Your operator may charge you for the data used and costs may be significantly higher when used abroad. Services can only be used on one device at the same time. If you want to use your subscription to a different device, restore your purchases in the TomTom Shop on your preferred device.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Photos can only be used for navigation if you have enabled Location Services in the Camera application.
What's New in Version 1.20
LATEST, UPDATED TOMTOM MAP: because roads are constantly changing, on average 15% of roads change every year, your TomTom App update comes with the latest and most up-to-date map.
REMOVAL OF FACEBOOK CHECK-IN: Facebook has decided to remove this feature. You can still search for Facebook Places inside the app, but you can’t check into Facebook Places or navigate to your checked in Facebook friends.
BUG FIXES AND PERFORMANCE ENHANCEMENTS
Map display and route planning work very well for me. But Map Update is buried in Settings and there is no on-screen info when updating - no progress bar, no spinner, no new screen - nothing but the 'Check for New Corrections' button. As this process can involve a large data download and so can take some time it is really bad software design not to let the user know what is happening.
TOM TOM, USELESS WITH YOUR OWN POI
With the release of IOS 8.3 you can no longer use your own POI or add a database that you may have even with Disc Aid. Tom Tom needs to get this sorted and listen to its users. This has been on going for years, approx 2 years ago they added a facility for file share on iTunes but it never worked. Now we can’t do either . Frustrating . Everything else great, live traffic now works well.
Was Good Last Year. Not good this Year!!
I used this app for motorcycle touring in Europe and it never let me down once. Having just got back I have noticed a huge flaw... Using the UK version to get to Folkestone works perfectly and charges fine using the onboard usb charger but when the Western Europe app is in use the iPhone keeps forgetting its charging and uses all the battery very quickly and I had to keep unplugging and plugging in every ten min... PLEASE SORT THIS ISSUE ASAP!!!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 06 May 2015
- Version: 1.20
- Size: 1.91 GB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Developer: TomTom
- ©2008 - 2015 TomTom International B.V. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 1 Month TomTom Traffic£2.99
- 12 Month TomTom Traffic£17.99
- 12 Months TomTom Speed Cameras£15.99
- 1 Month TomTom Speed Cameras£1.49
- Darth Vader£4.49
- Mr. Burns£4.49
- Wallace & Gromit£4.49