TomTom Western Europe
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the TomTom Navigation app. Now save up to 30% for a limited time.
TomTom Navigation for iPhone/iPad. World-class navigation that’s trusted by millions of drivers.
Last minute plans? With the TomTom Navigation app, driving somewhere new couldn’t be easier. You’ve always got your iPhone with you, so navigation’s close at hand. And losing signal is not a problem, because the app works not only online, but offline too. This saves you money on data roaming costs, and, you’ll have constant access to the same maps, technology and world-class navigation as on our satnavs. It’s the app that drivers can rely on.
Only the TomTom Navigation app offers all this:
›› Voice-guided turn-by-turn car navigation. Find your way the easy way with with clear voice instructions and a 2D or 3D view of the route ahead. Including automatic rerouting if you miss your turning.
›› Advanced Lane Guidance. Gives you extra clarity when navigating difficult junctions.
›› TomTom Offline Maps. Maps are stored on your iPhone or iPad – so you don't need a mobile data connection or large mobile data plan. Updated for free with every major release.
›› FREE Daily Map Changes. Benefit from shared daily map corrections from our 20 million Map Share community.
›› IQ Routes. The fastest routes, the most accurate and reliable arrival times at all times of day.
›› Traffic. Drive with world-class traffic information (available via in-app purchase). (1)
›› FREE Offline Speed Cameras. Pre-installed and updated with every app release
›› Speed Cameras. Receive real-time mobile and fixed speed camera locations (available via in-app purchase). (1)
›› Spoken Street Names. Helping you to keep your eyes on the road.
›› Powerful search. Search for destinations with TomTom Places, Facebook™ and foursquare™.
›› Multitasking support. Clear turn-by-turn guidance while on the phone.
›› Seamless integration. Integrates easily with your iPhone/iPad contacts, photos, music, email, browser, calendar, iCloud and maps.
*** MAPS COVERAGE ***
- AD, AT, BE, CH, DE, DK, ES, FR, FI, GB, IC, IE, IT, LI, LU, MC, MT, NL, NO, PT, SE, SM, VA.
- For country abbreviations see http://goo.gl/xCJWT
*** MORE INFORMATION ***
- The TomTom Navigation app requires a GPS signal. 3G-enabled iPads, iPhone 4, and later models have an internal GPS receiver. Users of non-3G iPads and iPod touch 5th gen and later models will require an external GPS receiver. The original iPhone, iPhone 3G/GS, original iPad, original iPod touch and iPod touch 2nd/3rd/4th gen are not supported.
(1) Check http://tomtom.com/19212 for availability per country. Services are available via in-app purchase and require a mobile phone connection. Your operator may charge you for the data used and costs may be significantly higher when used abroad. Services can only be used on one device at the same time. If you want to use your subscription to a different device, restore your purchases in the TomTom Shop on your preferred device.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Photos can only be used for navigation if you have enabled Location Services in the Camera application.
What's New in Version 1.19.3
- POWER SAVING SWITCH: You can now toggle power saving in the Advanced Settings. If you are not using a 2 Amp car charger we recommend that you enable this mode to save your battery.
- BETTER NETWORKING: We have fixed an issue that caused problems for some users of TomTom Services.
- BUG FIX: The app now always remembers changes to your saved locations, destinations and settings.
Needs some real-world experience
Navigation is fine except when I want to go some place from my house, it always sends me off in the opposite direction before it gets to the bit where I could have just pulled out of my drive and turned left. Seriously. However the really annoying this is that I have two iPhones and I wanted to put the app on both. That was easy enough but to pay to put another subscription for for traffic and speed cameras is impossible. So I had to set up another iTunes account and send myself the app as a gift and then purchase the in-house goodies from that account also as a gift from my original account. How many copies of this app do I need? Seriously.
A good app...
...4 stars for addressing the power issues and as always a great sat nav to use BUT come on already, no optimisation for the 6/6plus is a tad ridiculous considering the phone has been out over 4 months and the size of the company TomTom is...5 stars for sure if they respond to that.
Edit: used the power saving feature & could've got involved in an accident! Why? Because the map and the voice are so out of sync you are told to stay on the right of a dual carriage way when suddenly the map shows the need to turn left having to cut across lanes last minute. Useless feature 1 star because I cannot give it a fat zero!
As a basic sat nav tomtom is miles ahead of rivals, traffic in particular is superb. But it's almost like TomTom want you to hate the app - the UI has fallen so far behind rivals in recent years and is now in dire need of a refresh. And even though this is the second update since the iPhone 6 was released, the app still isn't optimised for the bigger phones.
It's a great sat nav but hugely let down by the very dated UI. Definitely not worth the high price until it has been dragged into this century.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 26 January 2015
- Version: 1.19.3
- Size: 1.86 GB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Developer: TomTom
- ©2008 - 2015 TomTom International B.V. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 1 Month TomTom Traffic£2.99
- 12 Month TomTom Traffic£17.99
- 12 Months TomTom Speed Cameras£15.99
- 1 Month TomTom Speed Cameras£1.49
- Darth Vader£4.49
- Mr. Burns£4.49
- Wallace & Gromit£4.49