"Like a caffeinated iceberg, the majority of the TopBrewer is beneath the surface. it is the ultimate coffee machine for the minimal denialist" - Wired Magazine
The TopBrewer is the kind of luxury gadget that makes Starbuck look like an old-fashioned dive bar from the past" - T3 Awards
"Scanomat TopBrewer brings iPhone control, elegant design to single-cup coffee makers" - Engadget
***Winner of Danish App Awards - Leisure & Lifestyle***
***Winner of iF Product Design Award - Best design***
The TopBrewer is a unique, professional coffee brewer with built-in quality components – and the first iPhone/iPad controlled coffee brewer in the world. Operate any TopBrewer machine and brew fresh bean-to-cup quality coffee, americano, espresso or with fresh milk, latte, cappuccino, macchiato and more with just a few taps in this innovative app.
Say you want a bit more milk in your cappuccino? No problem. With the TopBrewer app from Scanomat you can increase or decrease milk foam, strength of coffee or even the size of drink! When you have made your own special selection, save the drink as a personal favourite. Thus your favourite drinks are just a swipe away.
The TopBrewer is an innovative world novelty and has created an entirely new category within coffee brewers. It turns the common conception of coffee brewing and dispensing completely upside down and its simple sculptural design is breathtaking. This is not just a coffee machine.
The beautiful, patented stainless steel tap is designed to be built into any tabletop. The simplicity of the Top Brewer fits in elegantly in any surroundings and allows you to focus on a more direct contact with your customers and additional sales at the counter. The TopBrewer brews a perfect cup of coffee thanks to Scanomat advanced brewing technology – every time.
Small fix for bug that caused crash during payment
Ratings and Reviews
Waste of time and space
Doesn’t work for Apple Watch, the support is so poor and response time to questions even worse.
The machine makes decent coffee but then the machines cost £9k so they should really.
The app is all style over substance. You’ll delete it anyway so just save your time now and move on.
Standard - ‘one star because zero isn’t an option’
Sounds good, awful in practice
We have a brand new TopBrewer machine in the lobby of our office. The coffee it makes is great, but the user interface is awful if you are relying on people to use their own devices.
1. Bluetooth connectivity seems very slow and unreliable - I’ve just spent 5 minutes trying to get my iPhone to connect to the machine with no success.
2. It can only connect to one bluetooth device at a time. This means that if there is a queue of people at the machine, the first person to open the app will block everyone else. Even worse, if they leave the app open after they get their coffee (and stay in bluetooth range), the machine is blocked for everyone else.
3. The app seems to need internet access, unfortunately there is almost no phone signal in our lobby. I don’t understand why it needs internet access.
4. It’s terrible for visitors - we can’t really expect them to download and configure an app just to get coffee.
5. If you forget your phone or run out of juice, then you’re not getting any coffee.
This whole idea is definitely form over function - glorious marketing, poorly thought through.
Choosing a coffee has never been this much fun!
Great Fun, and a piece of carrot cake to use!
'Pairing' your phone with the TopBrewer on Bluetooth is simple. The coffee/drinks menu is so easy to navigate - an almost intuitive process which takes you through the logical steps of selecting your favourite caffeine hit, then allows you to personalise your choice - just like ordering it from your local coffee shop barista! You can save your 'favourite', so the machine gets it right every time. The red 'drink indicator' even lets you know exectly when your coffee is ready to enjoy. Brilliant!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.