Makes from your iPhone/iPad a complete GPS device. Includes the complete topographic map of whole Germany at scale 1:25,000.
Viewed maps will be stored on your device so that Topo GPS can also be used without an internet connection.
In Germany every state is responsible for collecting its topographic data. As a result the layout, quality and recentness of the maps vary from state to state. Modern uniform layout (DTK25) is available for Niedersachsen, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Rheinland-Pfalz and Thüringen. The maps of the other states are presented in different layouts (DTK25-v and others). We hope to provide a more uniform layout in the future. The majority of the maps are up to date and produced within the last three years. However, maps of Hessen, Berlin, Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein are 10 years old on average and can therefore feel outdated.
Why should you buy an expensive GPS device if you can install Topo GPS? Topo GPS contains all functions of a regular GPS device for less money, has a much more detailed map, and is more convenient to operate. The accuracy of the position determination is in favorable conditions about 5 m.
Ideal for walking, hiking, cycling, mountainbiking, horse-riding, geocaching, trail running and other outdoor activities. Also suited for outdoor professionals.
- Map -
* Topographic map of whole Germany, scale 1:25.000.
* Very detailed maps, with buildings, cultivation, all roads including the smallest forest trails, contour lines, and characteristic elements in the landscape.
* Future updates of the map are included for free.
* The map can be zoomed, moved and rotated.
* All maps of a certain region can be made offline accessible using the map download screen.
* Percentage of map that is offline accessible is indicated on the top left of the map.
- Intuitive interface -
* Clear menu with most important functions.
* Different dashboard panels with distance, time, speed, altitude and coordinates.
* Clear manual at www.topo-gps.com.
- Routes -
* Recording of routes, with pause and restart possibility.
* Planning of routes via route points.
* Importing routes in gpx, zipped gpx, kml, kmz, and OZI explorer plt format.
* Editing routes.
* Sharing routes.
* Free access to route collection Topo GPS.
* Routes can be synchronized with your other devices using iCloud.
* Searching routes with filters.
* Routes can be organized into folders.
* Maps of a route can be made offline accessible.
- Waypoints -
* Adding waypoints by pressing on map.
* Adding waypoints through address or coordinates.
* Supported coordinate systems: WGS84 decimal, WGS84 degree minutes (seconds), UTM and MGRS.
* Importing waypoints in gpx and zipped gpx format.
* Sharing waypoints.
* Editing waypoints.
* Photos can be added to waypoints.
* Waypoints can be synchronized with your other devices using iCloud.
* Searching waypoints with filters.
* Waypoints can be organized into folders.
- Your location -
* Location and movement direction indicated by arrowed marker.
* Displayable in WGS84 decimal, WGS84 degree minutes (seconds), UTM and MGRS coordinates.
* Sharing and saving as waypoint.
- In app purchases -
* Topographic maps of Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Great Britain, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand, Spain and Sweden.
* OpenStreetMap world map.
If you are recording a route, the GPS will run in the background. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
On an iPad and iPod touch, the location can only be determined with an accuracy of a few meters if the device contains a GPS. The iPhone always contains a GPS.
Rdzl, the company behind Topo GPS, does not obtain in any way the location of the user of Topo GPS. Rdzl does not obtain your routes and waypoints, unless you share a route with Topo GPS. Rdzl does not register which map tiles you have downloaded. We sell our product, not our user data.
Bug fix for a crash that occurred in the previous version of Topo GPS under iOS 9 or iOS 10.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- 56.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Norwegian Bokmål, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016-2018 rdzl
- In-App Purchases
- Topographic map of selected state Free
- OpenStreetMap world map £2.99
- 36 km² of Belgium £0.79
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.