By Flat Earth Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TownCraft is a surreal crafting and city-building game with no in-app purchases ever!
You are alone in the wilderness back in medieval times, and must start a new town to be the celebration of all the kingdoms!
To the West lies King Oligarchy, a narcissist primarily absorbed by his own reflection. To the East: Queen Omnibus, busy 'taming' neighbouring kingdoms with the tip of her blade.
In between is you.
You begin by crafting the most basic of tools, tying a sharpened stone to a small piece of wood as a hatchet, but before long your town will be teeming and with travellers from all across the land. They'll buy your wares at the local shops, come to check out the sights, have some food and drink at your tavern, they'll come looking to trade with you, or work for you. Fish, farm, forage, hire, fire, and explore the bizarre and unique world of TownCraft.
Stuff you'll do in TownCraft:
* Play a new world every time – no two worlds will ever be the same thanks to procedurally generated maps!
* Test your skill at crafting, with hundreds of different objects to create.
* Build bridges, jetties, workshops and windmills as you create a fully functioning and self-sufficient town.
* Order around your muck-ridden peasants as they manage your gold mines, stone quarries, crop fields, lakes, shops and taverns.
* Play in a world with a real-time day and night cycle – watch as your workers wake up, go to work, hit the tavern to meet some passing travellers later at night and then get some shut-eye again.
* Explore each new world and unearth countless resources, from cotton to canary eggs, gold to grapes, wheat to wax and stone to silver.
* Follow an off-beat story as kingdoms vie for control.
* NO IN-GAME PURCHASES EVER! TownCraft is a full game with heaps to discover. You won't be bothered by prompts to share anything, buy anything, watch any ads or anything of the sort. We're not going to nickel and dime you. It annoys us to bits, so why would we do it to our fans?
TownCraft is the first game from Flat Earth Games, created by two brothers from Sydney, Australia and their team of intrepid developers.
You can find Flat Earth Games and its team hiding over at http://flatearthgames.com.au,
What's New in Version 2.0.2
-- NEW CHALLENGE MAP: Gold Rush! Try your luck in the hot, dry land of gold-panning.
-- NEW WORKER TYPE: Employee gold panners in your Gold Rush town!
-- New resources, recipes and objects.
-- Fixed an employee UI bug.
-- Numerous other small bug fixes.
Combines town building, Farmville and Minecraft style games then takes away all the nonsense that plagues most games like this. Lots of depth and complexity but since you can't die or catastrophically mess up you can learn the ropes at your own pace as you go. Extremely satisfying once you start making progress, there are some minor bugs however but nothing to massively detract from the game. If you're a fan of building or crafting games this one is worth a look.
One of the best iPad games I have ever played. Easy to learn,very difficult to master.
Crafting system is second to none and is incredibly complex(but in a nice, eager to learn way).
One criticism I have of the game is there isn't much a defined challenge as such and I find my self aimlessly building and selling booze and furniture. It needs a set challenge that can be achieved and understood. As a sandbox game,excellent,as a challenge useless.
Overall very very impressive and look forward to more updates! Great job
Nice game, but...
This is a nice economy simulator with lovely graphics and many good ideas. However, it falls completely down due to its instability. Farmers getting stuck in the middle of the road with the harvest rotting in the fields is just one of the annoyances. The only way out is to quit to main menu and resume from there. But if I have to do that every five minutes because something gets stuck it eventually kills all the fun. Sorry, but you need to do better than that.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 25 June 2014
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 91.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Flat Earth Games Pty Ltd
- © 2013 Flat Earth Games
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.