Unwanted calls are annoying, whether they’re just a nuisance or a scam. In the UK, 84% of people will have received a nuisance call; but you no longer have to fight alone. TPS Protect helps you identify, avoid and report nuisance and scam calls, showing you the type of business and Trust Score for each caller. The app also lets you look-up numbers, easily report unwanted cold calls and create personalised approved or blocked caller lists.
Stand up. Join the growing movement of people fighting back. TPS Protect is powered by its users, with every nuisance and scam call that is blocked, reported or complained about helping to determine how trusted that number is. So your voice matters.
- Trust Score: Incoming calls appear on your phone with a Trust Score, from 1 for a suspected scam caller to 5 for a trusted caller, so you decide whether to answer. Only 38% of people strongly believe they can detect a phone scam!
- Call Categories: Callers are categorised into one of over 20 types of business or calls (including PPI, Accident Claims and Charities) helping you identify who might be calling you.
- Reporting: Your reports help us identify nuisance or scam calls and the sooner we get reports the sooner we can help others, so your voice matters.
- Number Lookup: Lets you to look up a number that you may have missed, or even received on your landline, to know whether it is safe to call them back.
- Call Blocking: Divert unwanted calls straight to voicemail, whether it’s according their category or Trust Score.
- Your Privacy: We value your privacy as much as you do, which is why we only ask you for the personal information we need and will never take or use your contact list.
- TPS Registration: You can quickly and easily register your mobile number with the Telephone Preference Service (TPS).
You will always be able to see the Trust Score for incoming calls, look-up, report and file complaints for nuisance or scam call numbers free of charge. All new users will also be given a free 60 day trial of the additional features. Once your free trial has expired you can pay just 99p per month to be able to block any unwanted calls by diverting them direct to voicemail, with greater call filtering customisation, and the ability to create a custom Approved List and Blocked List.
Where you may have seen us:
- BBC News
- Daily Mail
- The Independent
- The Sun
- The Times
Connect with us:
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/tpsprotectuk
INSTAGRAM - https://www.instagram.com/tpsprotectuk
TWITTER - https://www.twitter.com/tpsprotectuk
SUPPORT - https://tpsprotect.org.uk/support/
TPS Protect was developed in partnership by First Orion and the DMA. First Orion provides services directly to consumers and to telecoms carriers, in both the US and the UK, providing protection to more than 75 million people. Every month, First Orion identifies and blocks millions of unwanted phone calls while delivering hundreds of thousands of complaints against offending callers directly to the relevant Regulator – which leads to convictions for the offenders.
The DMA is a UK trade association for the one-to-one marketing industry - those companies that speak directly to their customers and those companies that help them achieve this. The Telephone Preference Service (TPS) was created by the DMA as a voluntary initiative in 1996 to help protect consumers from the scourge of nuisance and scam calls.
Thanks for supporting the growing crowd against nuisance calls by installing TPS Protect!
We've been working on improving how nuisance callers are identified and scored.
Ratings and Reviews
I installed app and set it up as instructed but the next day had calls from 3 unfamiliar numbers, none of them triggered the app and searching each number within the app showed no negative data had been reported, however a quick google search showed all 3 were ppi cold callers and many people had reported them well over a month ago, yes I can block them now but I already did that before without the app, I was hoping this app would eliminate the need to search online but so far it hasn’t done this.
Avoid - crashes your phone
First it doesn’t seem to flag known spam numbers. Second when I try to report a spam number having put in all the details it says that it can’t be reported. Finally when I enabled call screening via TPS in call settings my data connection stopped working, tried hard reset but no good, finally disabled call screening and data worked again.
Don’t understand why it would interfere with mobile data but it did.
So unreliable and doesn’t recognise spam numbers.
You must report for it to work!
Absolutely no point in you using this app unless you report bogus numbers. That’s the only way the database will grow, and the only way it will benefit others.
When the TPS get’s some sharper teeth and can shutdown scam/bogus phone numbers in a matter of minutes, then we will have a proper result.
- First Orion Corp
- 128.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © First Orion Corp, 2017
- In-App Purchases
- TPS Protect Subscription £0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.