TrackMyTour - Travel Sharing
By Christopher Meyer
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TrackMyTour lets you create an online map and microblog of your travels for friends and family to follow along. Thousands of travellers have already used TrackMyTour to chronicle and share their vacations, business trips, bike tours, hikes, road trips, and boat cruises.
HOW IT WORKS
- Create a map and share it with your friends and family.
- Go travelling and add waypoints whenever you want to highlight a location or just say, "Here I am!" Waypoints can include text and a photo.
- Your friends and family can follow a breadcrumb trail of your trip by visiting the link you sent them.
See sample maps at https://trackmytour.com/browse/.
TrackMyTour is not a real-time tracker, which saves battery power and keeps roaming costs at a minimum. Waypoints can also be saved offline when a network connection is not available, and submitted later when you're back online (e.g., hotel WiFi).
- create waypoints without a network connection
- follow tours with the app and be instantly notified of updates
- friends & family can leave comments on your tour
- sharing with Twitter and Facebook
- see the TrackMyTour FAQ at https://trackmytour.com/faq/
TrackMyTour is free to get started, and if you like it you can purchase an in-app upgrade to unlock additional features. Give it a try and happy touring!
WHAT HAVE OUR USERS SAID?
- TrackMyTour is a great and thoughtful application for the tech savvy tourist that has an iPhone. It's a great way to track your journey and share it with others. - Adventure Cycling Association
- A great way to keep others in your group updated on your exact location, especially on shore excursions. - Thomas Cook Cruises Magazine
- I found TrackMyTour, a perfect geo-tracking micro blogging app. It allowed me to literally track my tour, but also to embed photos and messages. Love the app. - tarnold (iTunes)
- I can't tell you enough to get this app. We use this when ever we travel and it works great. Use this program when ever you spend time with friends or visit new places. Keeping your friends and family up to date with your trips let's them feel like they are going with you. With track my tour pictures are easy and a snap to take. I almost want to go on extra trips just to use this app. - Tandem Abe (iTunes)
What's New in Version 5.1.0
Thank you for using TrackMyTour! This release has a number of improvements:
- Sign in with Facebook and have one less password to remember.
- Links can now be added (e.g., to YouTube) in the waypoint text.
- A new "Photos" tab displays all map photos in a single view.
- General improvements and bug fixes.
Track my Tour is my favourite app. We are traveling round the world by yacht and I can upload a post in the middle of the Pacific with a photo and gps location. It is simple and easy to use and is not a chore unlike our traditional blog. On arrival at wifi I just upload all the posts. The link to Facebook makes it even better. Great App
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 07 April 2016
- Version: 5.1.0
- Size: 12.6 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Christopher Meyer
- © 2016 Christopher Meyer
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- TrackMyTour Pro£5.99