TrackMyTour - Travel Sharing
By Christopher Meyer
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
TrackMyTour lets you create an online map and microblog of your travels for friends and family to follow along. Thousands of travellers have already used TrackMyTour to chronicle and share their vacations, business trips, bike tours, hikes, road trips, and boat cruises.
HOW IT WORKS
- Create a map and share it with your friends and family.
- Go travelling and add waypoints whenever you want to highlight a location or just say, "Here I am!" Waypoints can include text and a photo.
- Your friends and family can follow a breadcrumb trail of your trip by visiting the link you sent them.
See sample maps at https://trackmytour.com/browse/.
TrackMyTour is not a real-time tracker, which saves battery power and keeps roaming costs at a minimum. Waypoints can also be saved offline when a network connection is not available, and submitted later when you're back online (e.g., hotel WiFi).
- create waypoints without a network connection
- follow tours with the app and be instantly notified of updates
- friends & family can leave comments on your tour
- sharing with Twitter and Facebook
- see the TrackMyTour FAQ at https://trackmytour.com/faq/
TrackMyTour is free to get started, and if you like it you can purchase an in-app upgrade to unlock additional features. Give it a try and happy touring!
WHAT HAVE OUR USERS SAID?
- TrackMyTour is a great and thoughtful application for the tech savvy tourist that has an iPhone. It's a great way to track your journey and share it with others. - Adventure Cycling Association
- A great way to keep others in your group updated on your exact location, especially on shore excursions. - Thomas Cook Cruises Magazine
- I found TrackMyTour, a perfect geo-tracking micro blogging app. It allowed me to literally track my tour, but also to embed photos and messages. Love the app. - tarnold (iTunes)
- I can't tell you enough to get this app. We use this when ever we travel and it works great. Use this program when ever you spend time with friends or visit new places. Keeping your friends and family up to date with your trips let's them feel like they are going with you. With track my tour pictures are easy and a snap to take. I almost want to go on extra trips just to use this app. - Tandem Abe (iTunes)
What's New in Version 5.4.1
A minor update to squash some small bugs.
Superb travel companion
I use this app for my cycling holidays and road trips. It’s great for friends and family to track where you are. It is good for remembering your trip or holiday too. The photos and text are a cool way to revisit what you did.
I particularly like the map feature which gives a very good representation of where you are or have been.
Nice one Chris
Could add more functionality. Good start.
A good start.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 17 August 2017
- Version: 5.4.1
- Size: 38.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Christopher Meyer
- © 2017 Christopher Meyer
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- TrackMyTour Premium£11.99