LESS TRACKING, MORE TRAVELLING
Trail Wallet is free for the first 25 items, with an In App Purchase available to unlock unlimited amounts.
**Featured in the App Store. Over 150,000 downloads!**
**Also featured in the New York Times, Lonely Planet, the Los Angeles Times, The Huffington Post, Qantas Magazine, SmarterTravel, Y Travel, The Points Guy, and Too Many Adapters.**
Trail Wallet is an easy travel expense tracker. Designed to be fast, it takes the headache out of expense tracking so you can focus on the fun.
"Trail Wallet…is the best travel-centric expense tracking app I’ve used." The Professional Hobo
"Trail Wallet is super easy to use, fast, and has a fun and beautiful interface." Too Many Adapters
BUILT BY TRAVELLERS
We are Simon Fairbairn and Erin McNeaney of Never Ending Voyage, a couple who've been travelling full time since March 2010. Managing our finances is what has enabled us to have so many wonderful experiences but, after 3 years on the road, we needed something better than scribbled notes, loose receipts, and complicated spreadsheets to track our expenses.
So we built Trail Wallet.
Nobody wants to worry about money while travelling, but we all do. Tracking your finances is a simple way to get some freedom from this financial anxiety.
Instead of just hoping you’ve got enough money, know.
QUICK AND SIMPLE
Road tested by tens of thousands of travellers, the app is simple, clear and easy to use.
Organise your expenses by trip or by month, set yourself a daily budget, then easily add expenses as you go. When you get a bill or receipt, launch the app, add the amount using the Quick Add screen and you’re done. Forget about it. Get on with your day.
No more collecting receipts in bags or pockets. No more sitting with a calculator trying to work out how you’re doing. No more trying to remember how much that tuk-tuk cost.
At the end of the day or week or month or trip, you can see how you’re doing. A little over budget? No problem—our app will tell you what’s eating up your cash. Under budget? Good job—send a little reassurance to your friends and family using your favourite social media platform.
• Detailed summary screen gives you all you need to know about your budget
• Tap the screen to show the data in any of your local currencies
• Interactive bar chart shows your last five days spending—tap the bars to see that day's history
• Switch between trip budget spent and trip budget remaining by tapping on the circular progress circle
• New themes and characters to customise your budgeting experience (additional In App Purchase required)
• Tap on the daily budget label to see an adjusted budget, to see exactly how much you have left to spend each day
• Add multiple trips with custom start and end dates, or let Trail Wallet work out the dates automatically based on your first and last entry
• Per-trip history, pie chart, and export options
• Tags! Amounts can have multiple tags, which can be filtered on the History screen
• Add amounts in either your home currency, or choose from over 218 local currencies
• Quickly and easily get the latest exchange rate (Internet connection required)
• Tap on the date to optionally spread expenses out over multiple days
• Add photos of your receipts
• Customise your categories and category colours
• Interactive pie charts for a visual view of how much you've spent by category
• Category breakdowns—view and edit lists of items by category
• Daily breakdown of how you’re doing against a daily and monthly or trip budget
• Month by month breakdown of all of your expenses for each trip
• Quickly and easily move amounts between trips
Backups and Export
• Customisable export options—export your data in CSV format and send it via messages, email, or Airdrop
• Daily automatic iCloud backups of all your data (iCloud account required)
• Export your backups via email or iMessage
• Export receipt photos
Images that are not downloaded to your device are not avaialble for export. Trail Wallet will now warn you if you attempt to export images that are not downloaded and give you the chance to download them first.
If you are having any issues with the app or if there's a feature you'd like to see, please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can assist you.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app for keeping on top of your budget!
I absolutely love this app - it has been so useful for my travels round South America, and it has helped keep my spending in check!
The only thing I’d like to see would be if the app, at the start of each day, could calculate what you’ve spent so far and change your daily budget each day, so you get an up-to-date idea of where you’re at if you over-/under-spent the previous day. I find this would be especially helpful as I pay for accommodation & flights before starting the trip, so I add these to the first day, but it still tells me my daily budget is an average of my entire budget, instead of calculating what I’ve already spent and giving me an average of what’s left.
Other than that, I think the app is a fab idea as I’m not usually very careful with my money, so this helps me to be sensible!
I used this app whilst on a 6 month trip, it was great for keeping a track of my spend against the budget I had. I was travelling g across several countries so the ability to have various currencies was very helpful. I also liked the ability to export the data which is helping me in budgeting for the next trip. The only reason I’ve not given it 5 stars is the fact I’d have liked to be able to sync across multiple devices which I know the developers want to do but it isn’t quite there yet. All in all, I’d recommend this app for anyone wanting to manage their budget whilst travelling or on holiday.
Very useful / easy to use app
Love this app for keeping track of expenditure on a trip - has made all the difference to a 3 month trip round Asia, especially as you can add multiple currencies and vary the exchange rate depending on what you managed to get from an ATM.
Only thing I would like which isn’t there is the ability to swipe back to view other days. Currently you can only see past days in list format and not the remaining budget analysis.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Simon Fairbairn
- 35.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Voyage Travel Apps 2018
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Amounts £4.99
- All Themes £1.99
- Sir Reginald Greenworthy £0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.