Record all your outdoor activities be it hiking, jogging, cycling, or canoeing, and observe real-time statistics on your Apple Watch.
Trails records and displays your geo coordinates along with comprehensive statistics including duration, distance, altitude, ascent/descent, speed, pace, step count (iPhone 5S and newer), and many more. Capture photos, mark waypoints and create segments along your path to complete your recording. No login required, no automatic uploads or data sharing, no ads!
Import tracks from GPX files, let Trails guide you along imported or self-recorded tracks and see your progress along the way. Topographic maps display elevation lines, ski slopes, lifts, and other relevant landscape information. Get Trails Pro to unlock imports, routing, offline topographic maps, and more.
◉ Your Logbook
• Dashboard: View and filter activity summaries across multiple tracks
• Tags: Organize and filter your tracks
• Track analysis: Compare any two graphable statistics in zoomable, interactive graphs
• Heatmaps: Spot peaks at a glance
• Editing: Split and cut segments, insert waypoints
◉ Apple Watch Support
• Start and stop recordings, see live statistics, track your active energy & heart rate
• Apple Watch Series 2: Record GPS tracks without your phone
◉ Tightly Integrated
• Health & Activity app: Save track summaries to your Health database
• Today Widget: Start/stop recordings & see live statistics
• Siri: Start, stop, and resume recordings
• Spotlight (system search): Find existing tracks, waypoints and photos, or start recording from Spotlight
• 3D Touch on the homescreen: Access your last track or start recording immediately
• Bluetooth accessories: Pair external heart rate monitors and bike computers (cycling speed & cadence)
◉ Privacy-Focussed Sharing
• Wi-Fi sharing: View your tracks on a bigger screen without uploading them to the internet
• Export: Share tracks as GPX files, upload them directly to supported services, or create a weblink via Trails.io (see https://trails.io/s/2xal4g/ for an example)
• No login required, no automatic uploads or data sharing, no ads
◉ Trails Pro Features
• GPX file import via AirDrop, email attachment, weblink, or file provider extension (e.g., iCloud Drive or Dropbox)
• Offline topographic maps in various styles (powered by the OpenStreetMap community)
• Routing: Follow a track or a set of waypoints
• Unlimited recordings: Record as many tracks as your device can store
• Alerts: Audible alerts remind you in configurable intervals and read out one or more statistics
You can try out all other features and keep up to five tracks without Trails Pro. Record more tracks by deleting older recordings.
Trails Pro is available as a 3, 6, or 12 month subscription via in-app purchase. The subscription is non-recurring: It will end automatically after 3, 6, or 12 months respectively. No automatic re-billing, no hidden fees.
If you have any question about Trails, please don't hesitate to ask us! (email@example.com)
Trails supports recording your location in the background. Please understand that continued use of location services can decrease battery life.
Ratings and Reviews
Get real-time statistics on your outdoor activities.
Excellent for all outdoor activities!
I like the fact that YOU decide what to do with your activity info. and don’t have to sign up or agree to share with third parties. I think the price for Pro annually is very reasonable. Keep up the good work!
Poor and expensive
The old 'Trails' app of a few years ago was far better and running costs were free, no subscription required. . Kml files were created which would automatically boot up GoogleEarth which WAS brilliant. The map rendering was far better than the spidery background you have with this app and the colours and format have obviously not been created by a map lover or a logical mind. Please bring back the old one by Felix Lamouroux!
We are sorry you're unhappy with the new version of Trails. While we understand that it's preferrable for users to pay once, this is also the exact reason why the old app does not exist anymore – it is not a sustainable business model on a fast-moving platform such as iOS. The new app (even without Trails Pro) supports the export of GPX files which can be displayed by Google Earth, too. Trails Vector Maps is a brand new map style that has many advantages over the old pixel-based styles, but we are aware it's not perfect yet. We invite you to share your detailed criticism via firstname.lastname@example.org so we can improve them. The old app won't be coming back, but Felix is of course still on our team.
- iosphere GmbH
- 77 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Kölsch, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2014 iosphere GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Trails Pro for 3 months £1.99
- Trails Pro for one year £4.99
- Trails Pro for 6 months £2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.