Traktor DJ for iPhone
By NATIVE INSTRUMENTS GmbH
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The world’s #1 pro DJ software brings high-impact DJing to iPhone. Touch your tracks and create stunning mixes in seconds.
"Incredibly well designed and packed with great features." (WIRED)
"It's wonderfully tactile and a lot of fun." (The Guardian)
"Traktor DJ brings real DJ tools to the masses." (The Verge)
"They worked on every little detail to get the app just right." (Loop Insight)
///ABOUT TRAKTOR DJ
- Revolutionary DJ app by Native Instruments – makers of the leading pro DJ software
- Touch the groove using familiar iOS swipe and pinch gestures
- Familiar DJ mixer layout with crossfader, 3-band EQ, and filter on each channel
- Direct access to your iTunes music library from TRAKTOR DJ
- Stylish waveform display allows for simple looping and ultra-tight scratching
- Ingenious use of iPhone’s compact screen real estate – swipe from one-deck focus to split-screen view
- Intelligent browser recommends songs based on compatible tempo and key
- Automatic tempo and key detection plus BPM sync for super-smooth mixing
- Notification Center gives you in-app access to tips and undiscovered techniques
- 8 built-in pro DJ effects including Reverb, Delay, and dramatic glitch effects like BeatMasher
- Audiobus integration allows two-way control of TRAKTOR DJ with other compatible apps
- Inter-app audio support allows TRAKTOR DJ to stream audio to other apps for further processing
- Plug-and-play integration with hardware controllers TRAKTOR KONTROL Z1, TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 and S4
- External mixer mode for sending individual deck outputs to separate mixer channels (if used with TRAKTOR hardware or splitter cable)
- Enhanced time-stretching, powered by élastique efficient V2 engine by zplane.development
- Flux mode – remix your tracks live, then drop back in at exactly the right moment
- Record your mixes live in high-quality on the iPhone and share with your friends
Please note: The Metadata sync feature has been removed from TRAKTOR PRO 2. It’s still possible though, to sync metadata between two instances of TRAKTOR DJ.
///HARDWARE AND SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Minimum requirements are iPhone 4S or higher, iPod Touch (5th generation) or higher, and iOS 7.0 or higher. Recommended are iPhone 5, or iPhone 6.
///VIDEOS AND MORE
Watch the TRAKTOR DJ intro video:
Check out the TRAKTOR DJ Knowledge Base for support information:
///ELEVATE YOUR MIX
Want to get physical with TRAKTOR DJ? Check out the 2-channel mixer, controller, and soundcard TRAKTOR KONTROL Z1:
Want total physical control for TRAKTOR DJ? Try TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 or S4. These pro-grade, all-in-one DJ systems combine with TRAKTOR DJ to unlock additional features like Beatjumps, chained effects, and Classic DJ mode with jog-wheel tempo bending (sync and keylock off).
What's New in Version 1.6.5
Bug fixes and performance enhancements.
I've been using the Mac version of Traktor with the Kontrol S2 for many years. I've now bought the Kontrol Z1 to try out a more compact iOS based setup. I haven't tried the iPad version yet, but even with this iPhone implementation I'm I really impressed by how good it is. Although there's obviously less functionality, it's actually much easier to use than the desktop version, which in a way makes it more powerful. Being able to touch the waveform and the effects envelope is very intuitive, and the way they've designed the app to make use of limited screen space is very clever. Needless to say you need a hardware audio interface of some kind to provide an extra channel for a headphone cue.
"Astoundingly intuitive good app. Amazing with s2mk2 controller. Software is great and so much fun to use"
This was my review only 2 years ago.
After traveling down this route buying hardware controllers etc i am sad to say that unless you want to continually update your ios hardware every year or two this is not a good route for any reliable professional use.
Buggy and glitchy is a more common experience than not in the end and I expect NI are very tired of getting traktor to work over and over on versions of ios that no longer support apples own hardware.
As a musician I can't stand having to rebuy perfectly good hardware just because it is only 2 or 3 years old.
Big shame apple and i can see native instruments are making some very nice stand alone controllers.
Don't wast your time if you want to use control surfaces then spend a bit more money and get one of these.
App may work fine on its own though.
This is a great app, been playing around with it the last few days and once you learn how to use it, you can actually do a DJ set on it without many problems. The only problem I have with it is how quickly it drains the battery but to be fair that's expected giving how much of the phones resources it's using. Plug the phone in for hours of fun, well done.
- Category: Music
- Updated: 01 December 2016
- Version: 1.6.5
- Size: 72.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Native Instruments GmbH
- © 2014 Native Instruments GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases