By NATIVE INSTRUMENTS GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The world’s #1 pro DJ software brings high-impact DJing to iPad. Touch your tracks and create stunning mixes in seconds.
"Incredibly well designed and packed with great features." (WIRED)
"It's wonderfully tactile and a lot of fun." (The Guardian)
"Traktor DJ brings real DJ tools to the masses." (The Verge)
"They worked on every little detail to get the app just right." (Loop Insight)
///ABOUT TRAKTOR DJ
- Revolutionary DJ app by Native Instruments – makers of the leading pro DJ software
- Touch the groove using familiar iOS swipe and pinch gestures
- Familiar DJ mixer layout with crossfader, 3-band EQ, and filter on each channel
- Direct access to your iTunes music library from TRAKTOR DJ
- Stylish waveform display allows for simple looping and ultra-tight scratching
- Intelligent browser recommends songs based on compatible tempo and key
- Automatic tempo and key detection plus BPM sync for super-smooth mixing
- Notification Center gives you in-app access to tips and undiscovered techniques
- 8 built-in pro DJ effects including Reverb, Delay, and dramatic glitch effects like BeatMasher
- Audiobus integration allows two-way control of TRAKTOR DJ with other compatible apps
- Inter-app audio support allows TRAKTOR DJ to stream audio to other apps for further processing
- Plug-and-play integration with hardware controllers TRAKTOR KONTROL Z1, TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 and S4
- External mixer mode for sending individual deck outputs to separate mixer channels (if used with TRAKTOR hardware or splitter cable)
- Enhanced time-stretching, powered by élastique efficient V2 engine by zplane.development
- Flux mode – remix your tracks live, then drop back in at exactly the right moment
- Record your mixes live in high-quality on the iPad and share with your friends
Please note: The Metadata sync feature has been removed from TRAKTOR PRO 2. It’s still possible though, to sync metadata between two instances of TRAKTOR DJ.
///HARDWARE AND SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Minimum requirements are iPad mini, iPad 2, iPad (3rd generation) or higher, and iOS 7.0 or higher. iPad 4 recommended.
Due to performance issues we do NOT recommend using Traktor DJ with external controllers on these lower-spec devices: iPhone 4S, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad mini, iPod Touch (5th generation)
///VIDEOS AND MORE
Watch the TRAKTOR DJ intro video:
Check out the TRAKTOR DJ Knowledge Base for support information:
///ELEVATE YOUR MIX
Want to get physical with TRAKTOR DJ? Check out the 2-channel mixer, controller, and soundcard TRAKTOR KONTROL Z1:
Want total physical control for TRAKTOR DJ? Try TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 or S4. These pro-grade, all-in-one DJ systems combine with TRAKTOR DJ to unlock additional features like Beatjumps, chained effects, and Classic DJ mode with jog-wheel tempo bending (sync and keylock off).
What's New in Version 1.6.2
This update addresses several compatibility issues between TRAKTOR AUDIO 2 MK2 soundcards and devices running iOS 8.
Absolutely brilliant...when it works, which now is not often.
First bought this two years ago and, with no previous experience of dj'ing it blew my mind. Totally altered the way I thought about and purchased music. I must have spent quite literally hours on this app and when it works, it really is brilliant. Great features, good sounds, user friendly..all the things you could want. So much so that I was all set to buy traktor kontrollers and a laptop with the full version. BUT.....after a couple of months the bugs started kicking in; not loading a new track, not syncing correctly ( I checked using two identical tunes and they wouldn't match), losing playlists, freezing, buzzing, skipping, not playing any sound at all and sometimes just shutting down. These problems have simply got worse and worse with every update to the point whereby now I'm afraid it is completely unusable. I tried to use it last night and after five attempts the best I had achieved was to mix two tracks together before it shut down all together. I run several music apps on my iPad, all with no problems at all. I've just tried three new DJ apps..all with no problem at all. It really is a shame, because, credit where it's due, when this app works,it's brilliant, but it rarely does.
What has happened to this wonderful app???
When I first got traktor for iPad it literally changed DJing for me. For 21 years I used vinyl and this app made me take the leap to digital because it is just such an amazing dj tool. And then I download the latest iOS update and Traktor became unusable. I can't scroll through my tracks without it crashing. So I tried taking all tracks off my iPad and then put them back on again. Analysed them again and still it just doesn't work. I was doing gigs with this app but not anymore. I'm so disappointed and NI are not doing anything about it. I'm a big NI fan and im confused that there is still no solution!? I check my updates everyday and ... Nothing. Come on!!
Great integration with Traktor s2
I bought an iPad and Traktor s2 and I have to say this app is a lot of fun, even to play on its own without the controller is still fun. I like old skool music which can be all over the place but it still beat grids it ok. The functionality is great too with good effects, looping and freeze mode. Not too sure about the super slicer yet as the s2 only appears to integrate with the slicer. Overall I'm impressed with it. Great job :)
- Category: Music
- Updated: 18 February 2015
- Version: 1.6.2
- Size: 76.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Native Instruments GmbH
- © 2014 Native Instruments GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases