iSailor is an award-winning easy-to-use marine and river navigation system developed for amateur seafarers.
Intended for use on boats and yachts, iSailor provides clear presentation of navigation information, electronic charts and additional content. Transas own TX-97 vector format charts supported by iSailor are recognized worldwide as one of the most accurate and reliable sources of navigational information.
The application operates on iPhones and iPads utilizing the built-in GPS or an external Bluetooth GPS.
Supported devices (with iOS version 8.x.x and higher):
• iPhone 4 or higher
• iPad - 2nd generation or higher
Available chart folios cover coastal and offshore waters of North America, Latin and South America, Europe, Africa, Middle East, Far East, Asia, Australia & New Zealand.
All chart folios can be selected, purchased and downloaded via the iSailor application interface using its Chart Store section utilizing the standard iTunes Store payment/purchasing procedure.
• Positioning system: iOS (Built-In GPS), NMEA GPS or AIS Class B (Optionally)
• NMEA Heading and Rate-Of-Turn sensors (Optionally)
• NMEA Echo Sounder with a graphical 2D echogram and water temperature sensor (Optionally)
• NMEA Wind Sensor, including True & Relative wind calculation (Optionally)
• Display of charts, routes, track(s) and user objects
• AIS target presentation. target contours and dimensions (Optionally)
• Internet AIS service (Optional subscription)
• Weather service (Optional subscription)
• Tides and tidal currents (Optional subscription)
• Sailing guides. regional marinas (Optional subscription)
• North Up, COG Up, Head Up and Route Up chart orientations
• Information on any vector chart objects
• Free cursor, Point-To-Point and Own ship referenced ERBL functionality
• Monitoring of navigational data: Position, Course (COG) and Speed Over Ground (SOG)
• Route creation by the graphic and tabular methods. “Go To” routes.
• Waypoint monitoring: Bearing to WP, Distance to WP, XTD, Time-To-Go and ETA
• Schedule information: Time-To-Go and ETA to any selected waypoint ahead
• Multiunits and multilanguage support
• Custom track colours
• Day and night chart palettes
• Alarm monitoring functionality
• Route, track and user object: export/import via GPX, KML and KMZ formats
• User object sharing via: Facebook, Twitter, iMessenger, e-Mail
NOTE: Continued use of the GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease the battery life. Transas iSailor app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease device battery life.
iSailor web site: http://www.isailor.us
Any questions? Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s new in the Transas iSailor 1.10.1:
• Bug Fixing, General Performance and Improvements
Transas iSailor team
Ratings and Reviews
Reliable replacement for Chartplotter
I am an active UK coastal small yacht racing skipper and single-handed long distance ocean sailor, with all levels of RYA qualifications including Yachtmaster Instructor. I have been a sailor for over 45 years. All my sailing is done on a tight budget and I own a 39 year old IOR half tonner. I cannot afford a chart plotter, so I use an iPad at the navigation table and and iPhone at the helm. I spent a season on passage from UK to Portugal using iNav with Navinics charts and it worked quite well. The following season I wanted to start using the app but found I needed to renew my annual subscription just to access charts and then renew annual subscriptions for most of the Bavin ice charts that I thought I had already purchased. I promptly switched to Transas iSailor. That was 5 Year’s ago. I have never looked back! The value for money is superb. The charting is accurate and regularly updated. Once purchased the access to frequently updated charts is for life. The passage planning, weather, tides/currents, port information and AIS tools all work. And I can use it on both my iPhone and iPad at the same time. Delighted user!
Inconsistent charting makes me nervous
I recently purchased iSailor as an alternative to the Navionics app, mainly because I now have AIS and Nmea/WiFi onboard, which don't work with Navionics. I knew iSailor had additional cost for AIS connectivity, but didn't expect all the messy add-ons for different Nmea instruments.
Positives - quite a clear interface, connections worked first time and purchases all came across to a second device (iPhone) seamlessly. Good feature to accept Nmea GPS input.
Negative - Charts downloaded ok, but immediately I noticed a major issue when I started to study an area I know well. Some Cardinal marks and a very well known Isolated Danger mark were shown as "Lights" (but the app's detailed text comments say what they truly are). Other similar buoys in the same area are correctly shown as cardinals. How can I trust a chart that's completely inconsistent with something so fundamental?
Dear Claret-til-I-die, thank you for your comment. We will pass this information to the responsible department. In case you have any other questions, please feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com
AIS data not great without buying their charts
The app allows your Wifi AIS transponder to plot AIS targets in the chart but since the app doesn't have a basic Google Map underlay then you also have to go out and buy the expensive charts just so you can see where the AIS targets are.
So basically if you want this APP as an AIS viewer then probably best try a different one.
- Transas Marine International AB
- 77 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Chinese, Danish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Transas Marine Limited
- In-App Purchases
- UK. England, South Coast £33.99
- Tides & Currents subscription £9.99
- Internet AIS Service 1 year subscription £15.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.