By 31x Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Build the ultimate transport empire!
Take control of your own fledgling transport company, and use your engineering skill and business acumen to keep cargo and passengers moving - and keep the money rolling in!
Transport Tycoon contains everything that made the original PC game an all-time classic, plus a whole host of brilliant new features - bigger, richer worlds, deeper simulation and a huge variety of land, sea and air vehicles. The intuitive new touch screen interface makes it easier than ever to build and maintain your transport network.
Whether you're planning and constructing ambitious engineering projects, or simply exploring the intricately simulated workings of the game's world, Transport Tycoon is your ticket to many hours of absorbing and rewarding entertainment.
TRANSPORT TYCOON is the definitive version of the classic simulation game, created by 31x and Origin8 Technologies in collaboration with Chris Sawyer, the original designer and developer of the TRANSPORT TYCOON and ROLLERCOASTER TYCOON franchises.
• Deploy bus and tram networks to grow sleepy towns into bustling cities.
• Lay cross-country railroads to keep industries supplied with precious resources.
• Construct massive bridges, dig tunnels and deploy earth-moving tools to carve a path through mountainous terrain.
• Build air and sea ports to transport cargo and passengers further and faster in an accelerating world.
• A wide range of beautiful landscapes including deserts, forests, mountains, valleys and islands.
• Several ‘real-world’ scenarios modelled on regions of North America and Europe at different periods in the 20th century.
• A richly simulated world with changing seasons and working industries, farms and towns.
• An all-new interface puts everything you need to explore and interact with the world at your fingertips.
• Over 150 vehicle types allowing you to choose the ideal transport solution for every situation.
• Use railway junctions and signals to allow multiple trains to share your rail routes.
• Modify vehicles and stations and assign new routes to adapt your business in real time.
• Upgrade and replace old vehicles as new and better ones are invented – all the way to supersonic jets and bullet trains!
• Play through 49 scenarios expertly designed to suit all skill levels and playing styles.
• Try to stay one step ahead of advanced A.I.-driven competitor's companies.
• Track your progress and troubleshoot your business with in-depth company statistics.
• Prove yourself worthy of the title of Transport Tycoon and take on the life-consuming 100 Year Challenges!
Like Transport Tycoon on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/tycoonsim
Follow Transport Tycoon on Twitter: @TransportTycoon
Transport Tycoon © 1994, 2013 31X Ltd. Created by Chris Sawyer. Transport Tycoon ® 31X Ltd. All rights reserved.
Transport Tycoon is a Universal App compatible with iPhone 4 and newer, iPod touch 4th generation and newer, and iPad 2 and newer including iPad Mini. iOS 6.0 or above recommended.
All content and features are included with no additional purchases required.
What's New in Version 1.2.7
- Fix for renaming vehicles
Previous version updates include:
- Fix for lifting crashed trains from the track
- iOS9 compatibility
- Multi language fix
- 20th Anniversary level now playable by all
- Various other updates:
-- Underdog level fix
-- Temporary airstation removal
- Fixes for touches not working correctly (applies to 6S/6S+ only)
- Raised minimum iOS to 6.0
Don't get me wrong, I love a good game of TT... When it works.
The AI is terrible, the path finding simulation is very bad, causing backlogs, vehicles turning in completely wrong directions, trains skipping stations, trains running around in circles, and causing you not turning a profit when you really should be. The signals for trains are non existent, with only one type of signal backlogs, crashes and non efficient railways are a main problem. The cities never allow you to demolish more than 3 buildings, even if you have a really good fating. The competing companies build roads and railways in an absolute mess, making it impossible to continue long running games you've had. The customisation isn't there, no sandbox mode, no mods, new maps, not even a custom map creator.
tl:dr The creators seem to have abandoned this, don't buy this, just get OpenTTD for your PC, free far better, and people are actually working on it.
Fantastic game back in the day and a great update fixing many issues with the original, however a few things are missing such as custom mode, where you choose the options. Sometimes I don't want to play scenarios I just want to make my own, map editor missing where you could build your own land. Lots of other little things such as the buy land option to hold an area for future, invest in town, buy exclusive transport rights etc all these features I loved and I hope they return with an update then it'll deserve 5 stars from me but still lots of fun!
Endless fun but could be better
I have spent many hours playing this game, some of the functions are really good. I would like to see underground stations and improved underground networks, it's difficult once you build a tunnel that spans quite a distance to raise it back out of the ground again with the somewhat clunky track builder. It can be quite difficult to have a train track serving a large city without having loads of track bridges built above the ground.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 16 November 2015
- Version: 1.2.7
- Size: 384 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Developer: 31x Limited
- © 31x Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.