By Traveline Scotland Ltd
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The award-winning FREE Traveline Scotland app provides comprehensive information to help plan your journey in Scotland.
The app features:
- A journey planner for public transport options between any two locations in Scotland, featuring all bus, coach, rail, Glasgow Subway, tram and ferry routes,
- Departure boards showing next scheduled buses at every stop in Great Britain! Live bus times are shown in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Dundee, Angus, Ayrshire, Fife, Lothians, Scottish Borders, Inverness area and Orkney where available,
- Live train departure times for all rail stations in Scotland,
- Departure times also shown for Scottish ferry terminals and Glasgow Subway stations, together with local taxi details relevant to your location,
- See full routes on the map, with all scheduled calling points and stop times displayed,
- News & Notices affecting public transport services,
- Cycle journey planner powered by CycleStreets,
- Contact details for all Scottish public transport operators,
For the strategic road network, the app provides direct access to Traffic Scotland. This section features:
- Current trunk road incident information,
- Live Camera views from motorway and trunk road cameras,
- Current journey times for major routes,
- Details of current and planned roadworks,
- Regularly updated weather and planned events info.
You can also listen to the latest live travel information on the Traffic Scotland Radio player.
What's New in Version 2.6
• NEW - Find fares for each public transport trip in the journey planner (where data is available).
• NEW - Improved layout of Travel Updates section.
• NEW - Search feature in the Travel Updates section.
• NEW - ‘Refresh’ button on Next Departures boards for bus stops, rail stations, Subway and tram stops etc.
…plus minor bug fixes. Thanks for your feedback!
Used to be good. Now inaccurate cr*p
This app is a necessity for anybody reliant on public transportation. It used to fine - reliable and accurate. Now in my area (Fife, Dundee) it has missing or in accurate information. The last time I asked the journey planner for a trip from Fife to Dundee, it suggested a 3 hour trip using bus and rail. In actuality, there was a 30 minute direct bus. Also, the bus times where I live are inaccurate in spite of alerting the company to this. The app is rubbish, and so apparently is the online site, so the database must be to blame. I've given up on traveline and now am using Google maps, which seems to have reasonably accurate information. Such a shame to see such a useful app turn to such rubbish. :(
Was useful last time I opened the app
I used to use this app to access the Travel Scotland road information, now all I see is a map with no information on it, and a top 5 road incidents for the whole of Scotland. Where have the travel cameras gone, incidents near me and all the other features which used to get me to work on time?!
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 09 August 2017
- Version: 2.6
- Size: 6.5 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, French, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Traveline Scotland Ltd
- © Traveline Scotland Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.