Trees of Britain
By CleverMatrix Ltd
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
★★ Featured in the Sunday Telegraph Best Apps 22/05/2011 ★★
The Trees of Britain app contains identification guides on common trees found in the UK. It will help all nature lovers identify trees whilst out and about.
The app has the following features:
- 72 tree guides, with more added with each update
- 562 detailed images of the trees listed, showing tree, leaf, bark and seed.
- A to Z list of trees
- Family screen where by the trees are split down into families
- Favorites screen where you can store your favorite trees
- Detailed information on each tree listed
- Many pictures for each tree listed, helping with the identification process
- Move to the next picture with a simple swipe of the finger
- Search screen
- tree identify section, which helps you identify trees using there characteristics, such as leaf shape and arrangement
- Detailed leaf shape screen, helping to identify trees
- Fast and simple to use
If there is a tree that you think we have missed and you would like to see it listed, then please drop us an email at email@example.com and we'll see what we can do.
What's New in Version 1.5
You said you wanted a quiz to help improve your knowledge, we didn't create one quiz but many.
You said you wanted to be able to see from the home screen which trees were in favourites, we allowed you to filter the list of trees by all or favourites.
You said you wanted to view the list of trees grouped by family or latin name, we amended the home screen to show trees either by A-Z, by Latin Name or by Family Name.
You said you wanted to share the app on Facebook and Twitter, we did this.
We have also fixed a couple of image errors.
Hope you like the effort we have put in and if you have any comments good or bad email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Very handy app...quite educational. Looking at previous critique my view is that even if content is recycled from the web a lot of work has gone into it ... and Apps don't make themselves they take time and effort to put together and are useful little info booths opened via an icon...clever stuff!
Not worth one star, is not suitable for ipad, deleted straight away. Can only use in portrait and if you use the option provided to zoom 2x photos are completely blurred.
Not bad but needs to be updated to work on iOS
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 08 March 2013
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 85.6 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: CleverMatrix LTD
- © CleverMatrix Ltd 2010
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.