Trello gives you perspective over all your projects, at work and at home.
Bring Trello to Mac in a dedicated workspace. The Trello Desktop App features native notifications, powerful enhancements and more - away from the distractions of your browser.
Stay productive with a beautiful minimal interface that doesn’t get in the way of your work.
Create new cards instantly from anywhere with a Quick Add window.
Get notified whenever there’s new activity in any of your Trello boards.
Work on multiple boards at once with multiple windows.
Set a global shortcut that opens the main window from anywhere.
Navigate between your starred boards with a quick shortcut.
Use Touch Bar to view starred boards, create new cards, and open new windows.
All Trello shortcuts work just like the web, including keyboard shortcuts, drag & drop and more.
Some useful Trello shortcuts:
Ctrl+Alt+Space - Open Quick Add window to quickly create a card (customizable)
Cmd+Shift+N - Create another window
Right-click on card - quick edit menu
Cmd+Alt+C - Copy URL of current open card or board
Cmd+Alt+V - Open any Trello card or board by pasting it into the app from your clipboard
Cmd+Alt+T - Open app from anywhere (customizable)
Cmd+1-9 - Quick access to your Starred Boards
Cmd+Shift+B - Open Boards page
Cmd+D - Open Default Board
Whether it's managing a team, writing an epic screenplay, or just making a grocery list, Trello is your sidekick for getting things done and staying organized.
"Trello is an awesome project management tool that makes collaboration easy and, dare I say, even fun."
With Trello you can:
• Create boards to organize anything you're working on
• Use them solo or invite coworkers, friends and family to collaborate
• Customize workflows for different projects
• Add checklists of "To-Dos" on cards
• Assign tasks to yourself and coworkers
• Comment on items with your friends
• Upload photos and videos
• Attach files
• Display cards in a calendar view with the Calendar Power-Up
• Trello is free to use forever with options to upgrade to Gold for loads of extra fun and functionality
- Fixed an issue that prevented some users from authenticating successfully.
- More fixes and updates
Ratings and Reviews
Same functionality as the web app, more resource usage.
It’s not clear what the "desktop" application does over the web version. It’s basically the web app wrapped in a renderer. As expected, it uses virutally the same ammount of memory as opening Trello in a Chrome tab.
That’s where the similarities stop, however. The dekstop application runs a sever process in the background, which use memory even when no widnows are shown. This is fine, and you would expect this is done to help with new windows opening time, but this is not my experience. When opening Trello in a browser tab, it never reloads on its own, and only requests a manual reload when there are network issues. The dekstop applicaion, however, frequently has reload for a few seconds, taking you back to the board list. So I can’t help but ask: does running that server really help?
What’s more, every now and then it seems to start using an unreasoable ammount of CPU (5-10%) in the background, when the app is supposed to be idle. This seems to affect how some gestures are detected, causing lag multi-finger actions.
If it weren’t for these issues, it would be pretty much on par with the be version.
Trello’s native app is a small step up from the web version if you want to deploy Mac features like full screen and native notifications (and yes, finding the app faster through the app switcher).
It has the obvious drawback of thinning out the number of extensions and add-ons you can use with the free version before hitting the ‘power-ups’ paywall - which I’m sure is part of the point for Trello themselves.
But I can’t think of a reason not to offer tabs, for all of us who work with multiple boards. Their absence will just drive us back to Chrome. Tabs are a native Mac feature. Please can we have tabs in the earliest update?
It's great. The functionality, shortcuts mirror the website exactly so that you don't even know that you've switched.
Quick add shortcut is very useful.
The only thing that I would wish to have would be the ability to hide/show individual lists. There is a Chrome extension for that and it's super useful when you have too many.
Regardless of that, highly recommended.
- Trello, Inc.
- 77 MB
- OS X 10.9.0 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, Amharic, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Trello, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.