Trip Data is a speedometer and trip computer for use in-car, on a bike, on a train or anywhere else you would like to view trip statistics.
As well as a large MPH or km/h speed reading it includes:
- Heading (degrees and compass direction)
- Maximum speed achieved during trip
- Average speed for trip
- Trip duration
- Distance travelled
- Latitude and longitude
- SOS emergency button to share location via iMessage/SMS
- Save current trip data and view history (when the user presses STOP the journey is added to history)
- HUD mode (iPhone only) - to reflect your speed on the car windscreen/windshield
- GPS signal strength
- User configurable speed limit. An audible alert will sound and a red light will show when you exceed this speed.
- Today screen widget to display speed and heading (press EDIT on the pull down "today" screen and add TripData)
All relevant values can be toggled between metric and imperial by pressing the MPH or km/h button. This is also the case for the today widget which has its own small MPH or km/h button.
On the iPad, Trip Data can be used in portrait or landscape.
Once the user presses START to begin the trip, the location updates will continue in the background while you are making a call etc. This will ensure accuracy for distance, average speed and max speed while doing other things. Once STOP is pressed, background updates no longer occur. Speed and position data will always update while the app is open for use as a speedometer even when not recording trip data.
**IMPORTANT** Please note that this utility requires a GPS chip. For this reason it will only work on iPhones or cellular enabled iPads. iPod touches and Wi-Fi only iPads do not have a GPS chip so please do not try and use on these devices
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Maintenance release for iOS 9.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.