All hail El Presidente! The proud nation of Tropico is now in your hands and badly in need of modernisation!
As the freshly elected leader of an underdeveloped Caribbean island with untapped resources and enormous potential, hopes are high that you will deliver Tropico into the glorious future its people deserve. The opportunities are boundless in this humorous city-builder with a political twist.
Develop and manage every aspect of Tropico, from its roads, buildings and people, to its military, trade and foreign policies.
BE A VISIONARY LEADER
Transform Tropico into the country you want it to be: a booming tourist paradise, an industrial powerhouse, a police state, or all three!
Recount elections, calm unruly elements, manage public opinion and reward your loyal followers…
BUILT FOR iPAD
Exercise complete control with an intuitive touch interface and gameplay mechanics designed and refined for mobile gaming.
BUY ONCE, RULE FOREVER
Get the keys to power with one simple payment and no in-app purchases.
This game requires iOS 12 and just under 3GB of space to install.
• iPad (5th generation)
• iPad (6th generation)
• iPad Pro (1st generation: 9.7", 12.9")
• iPad Pro (2nd generation: 10.5", 12.9")
• iPad Pro (3rd generation: 11", 12.9")
Copyright © 2018 Kalypso Media Group GmbH. Tropico is a registered trademark of Kalypso Media Group GmbH. All rights reserved. Developed for and published on iPad by Feral Interactive Ltd. Apple, the Apple logo and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other logos, copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
• Fixes a crash that could occur when saving the game, deleting the user's progress in the process
• Fixes an issue where the game could get stuck at the launch screen if the iPad had not been restarted for a while
• Adds a battery saver mode for iPad Pro (2nd and 3rd generation)
• Fixes a number of minor issues
Ratings and Reviews
It’s Tropico and it’s on my IPad
Can’t agree with the early negative comments here saying it’s clunky etc. I’ve had a few goes with it now and think it’s great. Feral have done well adapting it for the iPad. Took me a while to get used to the panning and zooming around the map but you can lower the sensitivity of zooming and rotating etc in the settings to suit. Also, a nice little touch is that if you move/pinch the camera using the top half of the screen, it moves quicker than if you use the bottom half. The negative reviewers clearly haven’t found this out yet. As for placement of buildings, there’s no problem there either. Easy to drag the building around by holding your finger down on the building you wish to move. With handy rotate buttons around the building. Another great touch here is that you can still zoom in and out with ease while you position the building. The graphics are similar to Tropico 5 on the PS4 and that in itself is remarkable although I hear the game is actually based on Tropico 3. Very enjoyable - all the humour is there and also all the depth. 5 out of 5 from me.
Tropico is one of my all time favourite games. I was a little unsure how the port to an iPad would work. However, it is utterly brilliant. The developers have done an amazing job.
The controls take a little getting used to, but, as others have noted, this is only to be expected given the touch screen. That said, they soon become intuitive. The graphics are stunning. This is as beautiful as one could hope for. More to the point, it retains all the in-depth and complex game play elements from the desktop games. This is not a simple game. But it is endlessly rewarding to play as you discover new elements. There is so much to it. And the wonderful Latin soundtrack is there along with heaps of humour and fun. The only downside is the battery drain, but this is to be expected given the processing power needed to do so many things.
Well done and many thanks to the development team. I hoped that one day Tropico would come to the iPad. I’m not disappointed.
Quality iPad version of Tropico
Superb game tropico on iPad graphics are getting towards that of consoles and pcs and it’s basically a full game of tropico if they bring out lots of add on packs with scenarios and stuff that would make it even better I give 5 star despite a couple of issues which was I’ve had a couple of crashes on iPad Pro if that can be fixed it would make it nearly perfect and sometimes when writing comes up giving hints it disappears too quick to read but this game is quality there’s no doubt tropico on ipad
- Feral Interactive Ltd
- 2.5 GB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation).
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Copyright © 2018 Kalypso Media Group GmbH. Tropico is a registered trademark of Kalypso Media Group GmbH. All rights reserved. Developed for and published on iPad by Feral Interactive Ltd.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.