Lots of us feel like we’re drinking a bit too much, or too often, or just like we could do with some time off. The Dry January app helps you to track your drinking, whether for a month off or for year-round healthier drinking.
Why should I download the app?
• Track your units, calories and money saved
• Works for a month off or year-round drink tracking
• Use the health quiz to check up on your drinking
• Keep track of your current and best ever dry streaks
• Receive regular support emails if you want them
Why take on a dry month?
• Your ticket to healthier drinking year-round
• New year, new you – people report better sleep, more energy and looking great!
• More money in your pocket (the average person spends £50,000 on booze in their lifetime!)
• Get healthier - through giving up alcohol for a month you do your insides a lot of good.
• Amazing sense of achievement!
If we could come up with a new health supplement or discovered a superfood that had all those benefits, we’d be millionaires. But instead we offer the help, advice and encouragement to let you get these benefits yourself, all for free.
What about when the month is done?
Giving your body a break from booze for a month is great, but you’ll get lots more benefits and reduce your risk of over 60 serious conditions if you cut down long term. This app can help you to do just that by tracking your drinking year-round!
Keep your app up to date to benefit from the latest improvements.
In this update:
Sign up bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great but wit tweaks could be brilliant
I started using this app as part of Dry January but have carried on as it’s helped regulate and reduce my alcohol intake. The drinks selection needs tweaking - drinks that are shop bought are limited (beer, wine, spirits, alcopops) and the quantities in bar/pub/restaurant need reviewing I.e. no half bottles of wine.
It can also be a bit buggy in parts but overall a great app and really helpful if you want to track your alcohol intake
Good, but not that good!
This year’s version (Jan 2019) was better than the previous one. However it is still buggy - I had to disable the notifications as these regularly froze the app, and once they caused my iPhone to crash & turn itself off!
An improvement is the way you can input the alcohol you drink very precisely - type, amount & alcohol %. I wish it would show the total units drunk on that day. It obviously calculates it, as it shows “units saved” but doesn’t show “units drunk”. This feature would help me monitor my drinking better.
Great for first 2 weeks while it worked!!
No point downloading as can’t login since last update. It was a good little app and really brings it home (in my case anyway) just how much you drink on a weekly / monthly basis without really realising. Enjoyed keeping track of my drink progress through “Dry January” until last update means no longer able to login or reset password. No longer an option for “login with Facebook”.
In summary... It ‘was’ very good, but now it’s useless.
- Alcohol Research UK
- 9.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2018 Alcohol Research UK
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.