This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
This is the must have Tube app for Londoners: Tube Exits tells you which carriage to board to always arrive adjacent to the platform exit you need, the quickest route (and shortest transfer) for your journey, and live line status information.
* Nominated for ‘Best Timesaver App’ in the 2011 Carphone Warehouse Appys Awards
* Featured on BBC’s The Tube, BBC's One Show, The Gadget Show, The Guardian, Evening Standard and many more.
“Best iPhone app in ages” - T3.
“Headsmackingly innovative” - Mirror.co.uk
“Best app I’ve bought”, “Fantastic and useful”, “Love it” – recent customer reviews
• Platform exit info (transfer or exit) for all Tube, DLR and London Overground (NEW) stations
• Journey option calculator – shows alternative routes, transfer effort, journey times
• Know which side of the train to get off (particularly useful in peak hour!)
• Line status information (NEW)
• One touch access to favourite / recent / reverse / alternative journeys
• Can be accessed anywhere, including anywhere on the tube network
• Access London Underground Tube map to view offline
• Adjust settings to suit your preferences
• Fully supported
WE VALUE YOUR SUPPORT
• With your ratings and reviews on the App Store and direct feedback (to firstname.lastname@example.org) we can continue to introduce new features – at no extra charge!
What's New in Version 1.9.11
Excellent app. Could have more accessibility options though
It is a fairly limited, simple app, and should add in more accessibility options and better live multi-mode route planning...
However the benefits are just so tangible. If you have walking difficulties (or just need to get somewhere pronto!) knowing which carriage(s) to get in at each stage of travel on the Tube saves you time and often discomfort.
I doubt it's been scientifically proven, but you would think that having more people leaving carriages closest the most appropriate exit would reduce platform crowding and speed up people exiting stations
The beauty of this app is that it tells you what you need to know to shave a few minutes and lot of stress off your journeys. And it does so in a way signage just couldn't come close to alone.
At it is so popular, I do hope the developers keep updating it as it would be a shame if it got outdated and less functional.
But for now, I'll give this app an A- and one a definite recommendation to buy if you're a regular Tube user.
I use this app all the time and it's never failed me :) I can always beat the crowd and I end up saving a lot of time. I don't usually buy apps but this one was well worth the small amount of money. It used to crash but now it's a lot more stable, well done to the development team! (The only annoying thing is it keeps asking me to review the app when I've already rated it...) Thanks for making this app!
Ok but disorganised
This app does what it says I it's all a bit messy. The map download screen has some formatting errors so you have to click and it just downloads a dumb map from TfL that has no relevance to the routes on the app, you can't press on a station for example.
The routes in the other part of your the app don't show any detail like when the next train is. Station entrances and exits would be useful. Find I'll use this once or twice and then it'll be removed once I know which carriage to use on my usual routes.