Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This is the must have Tube app for Londoners: Tube Exits tells you which carriage to board to always arrive adjacent to the platform exit you need, the quickest route (and shortest transfer) for your journey, and live line status information.
* Nominated for ‘Best Timesaver App’ in the 2011 Carphone Warehouse Appys Awards
* Featured on BBC’s The Tube, BBC's One Show, The Gadget Show, The Guardian, Evening Standard and many more.
“Best iPhone app in ages” - T3.
“Headsmackingly innovative” - Mirror.co.uk
“Best app I’ve bought”, “Fantastic and useful”, “Love it” – recent customer reviews
• Platform exit info (transfer or exit) for all Tube, DLR and London Overground (NEW) stations
• Journey option calculator – shows alternative routes, transfer effort, journey times
• Know which side of the train to get off (particularly useful in peak hour!)
• Line status information (NEW)
• One touch access to favourite / recent / reverse / alternative journeys
• Can be accessed anywhere, including anywhere on the tube network
• Access London Underground Tube map to view offline
• Adjust settings to suit your preferences
• Fully supported
WE VALUE YOUR SUPPORT
• With your ratings and reviews on the App Store and direct feedback (to email@example.com) we can continue to introduce new features – at no extra charge!
What's New in Version 1.9.9
I've had this app for years now - it saves me so much time and it's always worked perfectly for me. Now I have a baby it also helps with knowing which are step-free changes between tube lines.
All the data is downloaded with the app, so you don't need internet connection and it works when you're deep underground. It's very simple and easy to use and stores your recent stations to make it quicker to select them.
The only improvement I had thought of was to include interchanges with British Rail overground trains, but the latest update includes that as a second option on the results. Perfect! I really can't fault it. :)
Brilliant, time saving, crowd saving
I love this app. This geeky knowledge makes tube journeys easier as there are only a few that I do often enough to remember. Getting off by the exit, having waited in the most useful place on the platform is really rather satisfying. Love that it shows me which direction the train comes from. It's always worked, even when the train is due in 1 minute. Great app.
It's fast accurate and the map and status update link is invaluable which is all true. But what you really need it for is to be ahead of all those wonderful lost tourists, or that family of 10 and the school party which will be sure to hold you back unless you get off at the right part of the train.