Tube Map - London Underground
By mxData Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Tube Map - London Underground is STYLISH, SLICK and downright GORGEOUS!
Getting started is simple; just select a station, either by using the search bar at the top of the screen OR by tapping on the map. Here's where your Tube Map - London Underground journey starts.
Feature rich with over 1.5 million active users it's not surprising Tube Map - London Underground is award-winning. From finding a station, planning a journey to line status and so much more. It all centres around the iconic TfL tube map, keeping it at the heart of the app.
Next time you take the underground don't forget to take Tube Map - London Underground along for the ride! Download it now for FREE.
- Voted #26 in TechRadar.com’s Top 80 best free iPhone apps 2013.
- 2013 London Transport Awards Winner.
- Apps Magazine says ‘Tube Map gives you an advantage over the always-perilous London Underground for the grand price of nothing. A truly wonderful app’ 5 Stars.
Tell us what you think of Tube Map - London Underground. Your feedback and ratings help us develop an app you'll want to tell your friends about.
• Official licensed Tube map from Transport for London.
• Route anywhere in London. Places, postcodes, points of interest and tube stations.
• Map features all stations that support Oyster PAYG services.
• Walking Overlay - Station to station walking distance information overlaid onto the map.
• In-app purchases - Remove Ads, First & Last Trains and Tube Exits. For a great saving buy our Bulk Saver which gives you all these extra features at one great price.
• Tube Exits tells you which carriage to board so you're next to your platform or interchange exit point.
• The world’s fastest route planner with line direction all shown on the map so you can track your journey.
• LIVE departure boards and station information.
• Notifications* can be activated so Tube Map - London Underground will tell you when delays/closures occur on those lines important to you.
*Please note: whilst we endeavour to ensure that Line Status notifications are delivered in a timely manner we can’t guarantee this 100% of the time. There may be occasions when the functionality isn’t available due to technical reasons outside of our control.
Don't forget to check out our other London travel apps. Download now for FREE and take a different route around the city:
Bus London https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/bus-london-live-countdown/id480643687
Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TubeMap. We would love to hear from you.
What's New in Version 5.2.3
Updated map for December 2014
Quick bug fixes
Don't trust this App
After yet another update this App still doesn't understand that they are getting it wrong. For example, they claim a trip from wimbledon to waterloo takes 38 minutes, in reality it takes 15 because 99% of wimbledon people use the overland train from wimbledon to waterloo. The fact the guys behind this app aren't listening and don't accept this and many, many more such instances all across London, makes this App useless.
This App looks great on the surface but for some people living in London it is useless.
If you live in Wimbledon this App doesn't take into account the overland train from Wimbledon to Vauxhall or Waterloo. This effects Wimbledon commuters as they are the two routes that the vast majority of people use to get onto the tube.
Not including the Wimbledon overland on this App means that all route calculations from Wimbledon are routed through the District line and so take longer and are wrong. That's not the practical or sensible way that people use the underground from Wimbledon.
There are other parts of London that are affected in this way.
Such poor knowledge makes me mistrust this app in so many more ways.
I suggest you use another underground App.
Engineering works confusion!
Pretty good on the whole, but I find the descriptions far too complicated (for instance on London overground, they could just say no service Clapham + Richmond to Stratford or Clapham to Highbury via Peckham Rye) mentioning each individual route, which gives overlapping information and the information is not in the order that the stations are on the route. If you don't read the whole thing very carefully, you can miss vital information about what is open and what isn't that's buried in all the long winded description. But altogether, a good FREE (and there's a clue!) app which works without purchases.
Very Useful App
This app is very useful and has always been accurate when I've used it. Granted, you can't check trains in advance, it only shows the next three available, but for simply checking which stations to go to, it's really useful.
And in response to it sometimes being quicker to use the overground - it's an underground app!! Of course it won't tell you if it's quicker to go overground (which is usually more expensive anyway).
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 18 December 2014
- Version: 5.2.3
- Size: 21.0 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: mxData Limited
- © mxData Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- First and Last£2.29
- Remove Ads£2.29
- Bulk Saver£4.49
- Tube Exits£1.49