Fast, accurate London Bus, Rail, and Tube directions - using official data from Transport for London.
“By far, Tube Tamer is the slickest, fastest and most pleasing London Tube app out there.”
- Michael Grotheus, TUAW.com
• Uses data from Transport for London.
• Places search powered by Google.
• Map your entire journey. Easily zoom in to see each part of your route.
• Always up-to-date with the latest timetables and status information.
• Automatically avoids line closures and service disruptions.
• Remembers directions for offline viewing.
• London Underground
• London Busses
• National Rail
• London Overground
• River Bus services (e.g.: Thames Clippers)
• Walking routes
Tube Tamer is powered by the Transport for London Journey Planner API.
• FIXED: Searching for an address or postcode returned the wrong results when running on iOS 7.1.
• Refreshed, new-look UI
• NEW: tap on the map to go full-screen.
• "Dark mode" satellite map view, as favoured by secret agents. And vampires.
Thanks for all the bug reports, feature requests, and reviews!
If you have a moment to review this new version on the App Store, it really helps us out. We really appreciate all your reviews, especially the amusing ones. Thank you!
Ratings and Reviews
I just love this App. It's proved so useful time & time again. Very easy and very clear. Like a sat nav though, you have to select which way is better for you and be adaptable. Shame it only covers Greater London as it would be even better if it went out a little further. Fantastic overall though.
One gripe - agree with others about display of times - numbers missing replaced by dots.
Used to be fantastic
This app used to be my holy grail every time I went to London and has saved me getting lost many a time. As I’m off to the capital again next week I downloaded my trusty Tube Tamer only to find that it now crashes before I can do anything useful. It’ll search a route but if you click on it for more information the whole app shuts down and just now I tested it again and it crashed before it even searched. So disappointed as this was a true gem of an app. I really hope the developers assess this issue and fix it soon.
We couldn't have navigated our way round the London Underground without this app.
The walking maps were a bit wrong though as you could easily walk in the wrong direction as it's not very clear . We got lost twice with the walking maps. We used google maps for the walking bits
5* rating though because it's an underground app and that part was faultless
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.