By Mark Moxon
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to the world of tubewalking - a great way to discover London on foot (or, if it's raining, from your armchair). Tubewalker contains maps and descriptions for tubewalks all over London, with London Underground Zone 1 (88 tubewalks) included for free, and Zones 2 to 9 (a further 228 tubewalks) available via an In App Purchase.
WHAT IS A TUBEWALK?
A tubewalk is simply a walk between two Tube stations. Tubewalking is a great way to explore London: every tubewalk starts and ends on public transport, and you can string them together to create walks that last as long as you want, from minutes to days.
The tubewalks in this application are all self-guided walking tours that try to visit as many interesting places as possible. This means they meander around quite a bit, so they're entertaining rather than efficient.
WHAT DOES TUBEWALKER DO?
Tubewalker contains detailed maps and descriptions for 316 tubewalks, which together cover the entire London Underground network - if there's a line between two Tube stations, then there's a tubewalk for it.
Zone 1 is included for free, while zones 2 to 9 are available via an In App Purchase. Note that the DLR and London Overground aren't part of London Underground, so they're not covered.
You can choose tubewalks in five ways:
• By Tube line
• By station name
• By current location
• By picking a recommended tubewalk
• By searching for places of interest
and each tubewalk comes with the following:
• A description of the walk
• A zoomable route map with places of interest and your current location
• Detailed descriptions of all places of interest
• Photographs from the walk
The full version of Tubewalker contains details of 316 tubewalks between 276 stations, covering 440 miles of walking with over 1300 points of interest and 9750 photographs - that's everything you need to get tubewalking. Have fun!
What's New in Version 2.5
• Updated for iOS 10 and 64-bit processors
• Still works on iOS 8 and 9 in the same way as before
• Redesigned layout to work across all modern iPhone screen sizes
• Status bar is now hidden in landscape view
• Improved markers in Google Maps
• Individual photo view is less cluttered
• Minor bug fixes
• Please note that this version will only run on iOS 8.0 or later