Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Post whatever you want to your Tumblr. Follow other people who are doing the same. You’ll probably never be bored again.
• Post anything: Photos, GIFs, videos, quotes, chats, links, text—like we said, pretty much whatever.
• Make one blog or tons of blogs. Whatever ideas you have, Tumblr is your place to put them.
• Customize those blogs to look as beautiful or as weird as you want.
• Interact with other people on Tumblr by reblogging their posts. Experience the thrill of seeing your own posts reblogged by other people.
• Send fan mail, asks, and submissions to the blogs you love.
• Have fun. Finally.
What's New in Version 4.2
This release is more cosmopolitan and less crashy. How so?
• We added Chinese translations
• We reduced the number of crashes
What's this ask someone a question pap at the top all about? It annoys me and I want to get rid of it.
I also wish we could double-tap the home icon to refresh the feed like in the old days (a few updates ago).
The worst thing though is the way the app doesn't remember where I was when I leave it and then open it again. It's a terrible flaw! I can spend half an hour scrolling through a blog, be nowhere near finished but have to take a break. Then when I return *bam*, it reloads/refreshes and I'm right back to the start. Tedious!
Also, the app was generally better a few versions ago. Now when I'm scrolling down my feed, after a while I will enter a neverending loop where I keep seeing the same posts and the same photos.
Love it but...
I love this app but what would make it perfect is if I could keep two of my main blogs handy without having to sign in and out. I have one personal blog and a studyblr. I want to use them both equally (I use different emails for each obviously) but I find having to sign out and back in irritating so I end up neglecting one of my blogs. Being able to have multiple accounts handy to switch between, like on the twitter app, would be so useful!
But there are too many glitches at times and far too many needless updates when the things that get updated work fine. Posting links don't always appear which can be hugely frustrating.
But after migrating over from Posterous when that got canned (real shame) this has become the platform I blog on most.
There's loads they can do to improve it. In post chat could be a whole lot better, tumblr is a great community but trying to communicate on it is a pain.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 30 June 2015
- Version: 4.2
- Size: 29.2 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: Tumblr, Inc.
- © 2015 Tumblr, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.