By Homegrown Software Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Turn Timer lets you quickly and easily limit the time players take for their turn in games. Just set a time limit (eg 2 minutes) and you can easily reset the timer with a tap when it moves to the next players turn.
Turn Timer works great for many board games like Chess and Carcassonne, card games like Poker and for anything where a repeating timer would be useful! If you find your board games take too long because players drag out their turns why not try Turn Timer.
• Audible Time warnings - Turn Timer will make a short beep at 1 minute, 30 seconds and 15 seconds remaining and beep for every second remaining in the last 10 seconds so players always know how long they have without having to look at the screen.
• Large clear display - Turn Timer shows a large clear display of how long is left in the current turn and works in any orientation allowing you to easily setup your device in a way all players can see it.
• Quick reset - Just tap the screen at the end of your turn to reset the timer for the next player. If you want to stop the timer, just hold down till the timer stops.
• Pause timer - Just double tap the screen to pause the timer if people need to take a break.
• Works in the background - If you need to close the app quickly to use a different app your Turn Timer will keep going in the background and give you a notification when the timer runs out.
Check out Turn Timer Premium to use the app without ads.
Take Your Turn - The Clock's Running!
This is a useful little ap that does its job perfectly. Although aimed at game players for timing players turns, it can be used for more or less any situation you need a countdown - be it bridge or canasta, timing that perfect plum pie, or timing your students exam time, it does all of these perfectly.
Simply input your the time period you wish to countdown and off it goes, displaying large numbers in white in a blue background which are nice and easy on the eye.
I connected my iPad to a projector which enabled all my students could see nice and clearly.
Considering its free, it is quite a useful little app, and takes no time (no pun intended) at all to setup - just open the app, enter time countdown and off you go!
Can't change time
I've set the timer once and now I can't change it.
- Category: Utilities
- Released: 22 March 2012
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 5.1 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Homegrown Software Ltd
- © Homegrown Software 2012
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.