The OFFICIAL TVCatchup iOS application!
TVCatchup brings live television to your iOS device for free. With a familiar television experience, TVCatchup is an easy to use service for watching your favourite live TV over an internet connection. At home or on the move - you'll never need to miss a show again.
TVCatchup is only available to people living within the UK that have a valid UK TV licence.
Watch live TV with the convenience of a simple app. Browse a wide range of channels in the now and next and find out what's on in the next hours.
Great for watching sport, news, soaps, comedy, films, music, and children's TV.
The only app to show SubTV, the student music channel.
• BBC1, BBC2, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, SubTV & many more.
• Completely Free of charge
• iOS8 supported
• iPhone 6 and 6 plus supported
• What's on Now and Next
• Regional and National Television Channels
• Movies, Sport, News and Music Channels
• Landscape and portrait orientation
• Optimised Adaptive Streaming
* Data plan internet charges may apply, please check your data tariff.
* Only available within the boundaries of the UK.
Ratings and Reviews
As of June 14th, 2018 I still cannot watch any of the channels on this app, picture is perfect but NO SOUND!!! Will the developer/s of this app please reply to my reviews. I would love to know when the sound problem will be fixed (if ever...). 😳
Installed this app on my iPhone 6s and was really looking forward to watching the Jeremy Thorpe programme on BBC4. Chose the channel and at first thought the volume on my phone was turned right down, it was on over half full volume! After a couple of minutes of watching what was to all intents and purposes silent TV, hoping the sound would start I closed the app in disappointed disgust. I have since opened it again and tried BBC4 and another channel, no sound on either. A so-called TV app with no sound is as much use as a chocolate teapot! Developers please sort out the sound problem ASAP. 👎😢
It's ok for what it is
It's an app that lets us watch live tv on a mobile device, not much I can say about it, it does exactly what it's meant for. I decided it was only worth 3 stars due to the fact a wifi connection is required for a couple of channels, not sure why it won't let me watch them using my mobile data like the other channels. If I'm watching tv on a mobile device it means I'm probably watching it on the go where I don't have access to a tv so if I'm out I'm gunna wanna use my mobile data to watch. Not really sure why it's called tvcatchup since all the channels are live broadcasts and you can't catch up on any programmes you may have missed, would make more sense calling it tvlive
Does the job, but why not add....?
Have used both this and the now defunct NowTV and although this has a limited channel list, it’s fine for what I need.
But why not learn from NowTV? I miss the volume slider at the bottom (much easier than fiddling for the physical volume button) and access to the channel list should just be a click away at all times. Ease of use is what made NowTV superior, so why not add a better UX developers?
Update these two areas and you get an extra star. More channels and you may get another.
- Toyon Investments Ltd
- 14.7 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2015 Catchup TV Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.