TVPlayer – live and catchup TV
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
TVPlayer lets you watch over 65 Live TV channels on your iPhone, iPad and AppleTV for free. Try TVPlayer Plus to access 29 premium channels.
New TVPlayer Plus Channels - 1 month trial, then £5.99 per month:
Discovery, History, National Geographic, GOLD**, Comedy Central, MTV, Comedy Central Extra, Eurosport 1 and 2*, Crime + Investigation, Watch**, Nat Geo Wild, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, TLC, Lifetime, Eden**, Discovery Turbo, Cartoon Network, Good Food**, Alibi**, Sony Entertainment, H2, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr, Nick Jr Too, Boomerang, Baby TV and Cartoonito
Watch live TV from many of the UK’s most popular channels:
- Entertainment: BBC One, BBC Two, ITV 1, Channel 4, FIVE, Dave, Really, Yesterday, Drama, BBC Four, 4Music, Food Network, Travel Channel and Home
- Music: Kiss, Kerrang!, The BOX, Smashhits, Magic, Heat, Capital, Heart, NOW, Planet Pop, Clubland and Channel AKA
- Kids: CBBC and CBeebies
- Lifestyle: Fashion TV, QVC, QVC Style, QVC Beauty and QVC Extra
- News: BBC News, Russia Today, Al Jazeera and Euro News
- Desi: Sony SAB, Colors and Rishtey, Zing and aaj tak
- Religious: Revelation TV and UCBTV
More channels coming throughout the summer!
TVPlayer offers you the following great features:
- Free to use
- Now and Next to see what’s on
- Programme descriptions
- Browse channels within the player whilst watching another channel
- Fully optimised adaptive streaming
- All channels are available on Wi-Fi: some channels are also available on 3G and 4G
The iPad version gives you a full TV Guide, the ability to watch whilst you browse what’s on other channels and set reminders for your favourite shows.
TVPlayer is available to individuals in the United Kingdom.
Subscribe to TVPlayer Plus for:
- 29 premium channels (Discovery, History, National Geographic, GOLD**, Comedy Central, MTV, Comedy Central Extra, Eurosport 1 and 2*, Crime + Investigation, Watch**, Nat Geo Wild, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, TLC, Lifetime, Eden**, Discovery Turbo, Cartoon Network, Good Food**, Alibi**, Sony Entertainment, H2, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr, Nick Jr Too, Boomerang, Baby TV and Cartoonito)
- over 100 hours of premium catchup per week
- no contract
Get your monthly TVPlayer Plus subscription through the app. If you choose to subscribe, you will be charged a price according to your country. The price will be shown in the app before you complete the payment. The subscription is monthly and renews every month unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before end of the current subscription period. Your iTunes account will automatically be charged within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period and you will be charged for one month at a time. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings after purchase.
Price: UK: £5.99 per month.
*Eurosport 1 and Eurosport 2 are excluded from the free trial.
**Channels are not available on AppleTV (GOLD, Watch, Eden, Home, Dave, Yesterday, Really, Drama, Good Food, Alibi).
What's New in Version 2.10.5
Bug fixes and improvements
Ok, so all the hype and promises make the app sound beyond belief, but like all things,
Ever think stuff is just TOO good to be true? It normally is, don't fool yourself
This app is terrible, it crashes, freezes, stalls, won’t restart, plays ads every time you pause it, even if you just watched five minutes if ads, here’s another five minutes, uses bandwidth but won’t show anything, plays wrong show - select current live show and it plays something else, don’t know what its doing, I could go on, but it’s just a useless app that most reviewers dislike. It’s only use is the occasional programme that you don’t mind persisting with trying to get it play and don’t mind watching anything as you might not get what you expect and love adverts playing every time it stalls itself.
Have had the app a couple of years and had no issues until recently (past 6 months). Finding that every month when the subscription renews automatically I have to “renew subscription” on the settings page of the account. Now to top it all it’s failing to stream because there are too many devices activated and advices me to delete one. Go in to my account via the web to find that there “no registered devices to this account”. Lost the will to live and have now cancelled my subscription. Customer service is non existent. Very disappointed.
You'll get 5* after you introduce Chromecast
I've found forums dating back several years from people wanting you to enable a chromecast function. It is so readily available with several entertainment services having offered it for years. I regret buying my subscription. Enable chromecast - I definitely will not renew until this happens.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 13 November 2017
- Version: 2.10.5
- Size: 17.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: TVPlayer Ltd
- © 2016 TVPlayer Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- TVPlayer PLUS£5.99