Tweetbot is an award-winning Twitter client for iOS and the Mac. Create lists and use them as curated timelines. Create and share powerful mute filters using keywords or regular expressions. Use timeline filters to quickly reveal tweets you want to see and hide the ones you don’t. Tweetbot lets you take over your timeline and view it your way.
What’s New in Version 5:
- GIF support in compose view (Powered by Giphy).
- Redesigned profiles.
- Redesigned tweet status details.
- New iconography and app icon.
- Optimized dark theme for OLED displays.
- Support for haptic feedback.
- Auto video playback in the timeline (which can be disabled in the settings).
- Ability to add descriptions to images when composing.
Why Choose Tweetbot:
- Create and use Twitter Lists as multiple timelines.
- Filter any timeline via keywords or predefined criteria (like tweets with media or links only) and save for future access.
- Second column on iPad to view other content like a list, mentions, search results, and etc at the same time.
- Sync your unread status and timeline position across all of your devices running Tweetbot (Mac, iPhone, iPad).
- No inline ads.
Timeline Filters. Quickly filter a timeline to show only tweets with media, retweets, links, or create your own keyword or rules-based filter. Access these saved filters any time with two taps.
Mute Filters. Hide Tweets in your timelines by specific users, keywords, hashtags, or even the client that published the Tweet. Select the length of time to mute and use regular expressions for smarter muting.
Profile Notes. Ever forget why you followed someone or wanted to jot notes for future reference? Create private notes on a user’s profile that only you can see.
Custom Timelines. Create and manage public or private lists and then use them as curated timelines. Tweetbot allows you to quickly switch between lists and even use one as your main timeline.
iCloud Sync. Tweetbot syncs your read position and much more so your experience is seamless when switching from desktop to mobile and vice versa.
Tweet Topics. Start tweet topics to automatically chain together multiple Tweets (with the ability to append optional hashtags) and create tweet storms.
- Lots of bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I must admit I was a little annoyed when Tweetbot had to announce that a few features were having to be disabled on their app due to Twitter being a set of morons and pulling the plug on various API’s. However in truth in finding that I’m not missing them as much as I thought I would.
The tweetbot app for me is simply perfect. Sleek design, fast, efficient and gives you just what you want. Twitter’s insistence of showing you what other people like on their own app drives me insane. I don’t care, and it is for this reason (amongst others) that I keep using tweetbot. If the guys can reinstate bits in the future, great. If not, no bother. I’ll still be supporting them. Having your notifications delayed by a few minutes is a small price to pay to retain all of the good bits of the app.
Keep up the good work guys and I look forward to Tweetbot 5.
Tasteful, useful, and better than native app
Tweetbot is a fantastic Twitter app. It had extensive muting features way before Twitter. It has superior list viewing. It has a way more intuitive account switching feature. Each new version may cost money, but the care and attention that goes into each revision is worth that money. More importantly, it makes the experience of useing Twitter itself more pleasurable, and more manageable, than the native app.
If there are any weaknesses, it is likely due to Twitter pulling back on APIs for third-party clients, meaning threading and polls suffer for example, so keep the native app around just as a backup.
Problems with the topics feature
I love this app, but one of the main reasons I used it so much was because of how great it’s topics feature was. I tweet a lot about live sports events and things so this was ideal. However, once Twitter added people’s twitter handles to replies, the topics feature has never worked in the same way. It will now just appear as a reply instead of part of a thread. I wish their was a way to fix this, as otherwise, this app is great.
- 16 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2012-2018 Tapbots LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Snack-Sized Tip £0.99
- Coffee-Sized Tip £2.99
- Lunch-Sized Tip £4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.