Tweetings is a Twitter client for Mac OS X with an extensive feature list including lists, exclusion filters, TwitLonger, GeoLocation and syncs your timeline with your iPhone or iPad!
Follow your friends tweets, share your photos, view conversations and keep your followers up to date.
Some of the key features
- Live, real-time, updates to your home timeline, mentions and direct messages
- Display any user's tweets, mentions and favourites
- Conversation view
- Gap detection
- View twitter lists
- Sync timelines across other devices using Tweetings
- Inline image display
- Exclusion filters - Filter Tweets by keywords or screen names
- See who retweeted you are who you retweeted
- View your sent tweets
- View the mentions on any user
- Auto refreshing timeline
- Unread badge on dock icon
- Highlights: never miss a tweet matching a word or phrase
- Read it later and instapaper support for links
- Open links in the background so you don't lose your place in your timeline
- Customisable ReTweet format including new style Twitter ReTweet
- Upload pictures with support for Pic.Twitter, Twitpic, yFrog, Twitgoo, MobyPicture, TweetPhoto, Posterous and more
- Upload video
- GeoLocation support at Tweet level
- TwitLonger support when 140 characters just isn't enough
- Shorten URLs with bit.ly, tinyurl, is.gd and more
- Schedule tweets within a 15 minute period
- Post to Facebook
- #nowplaying from iTunes
- Multiple accounts
- Sound notifications
- Growl notifications
- Status bar icon
- Customisable font size
- Bookmarklet support
- Global shortcut keys
- Auto-refresh timer customisation
- Search twitter
- Save searches
A number of updates for retina displays and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
The best Twitter App for Mac!
I have to say this is THE best Twitter app for Mac. It follows on from great success from the iPhone and iPad versions both of which I have. The new version 1.1.0 has Sync so you can now sync read tweets between iPhone, iPad and Mac which make it by far the best Twitter app out there.
The developer is also very responsive with adding changes, if you ask for a feature update the chances are you'll see it in the next version or two.
I've tried dozens of Twitter apps for iOS platform and a number for Mac and by far this is the best app out there.
Recent convert and love the Mac app
With the latest update the few bugs have been fixed and sync has been included. A well deserved 5 stars now for this app.
I've only just started using Tweetings on iOS and now it's available for Mac too. It does have a few slight problems with notifications and not remembering your last position in the timeline, but it has been mentioned that these will be fixed in the next update, and hopefully syncing across devices will be here soon too. If these aren't fixed I'll remove a star, but giving it only 3 stars for it's initial release seemed a bit harsh as I love all the other features it has, especially thumbnail media previews in the timeline. I can't use a twitter app without this feature now, it makes skimming through a busy timeline or search so much easier.
A great initial release with just a few small bugs.
Update: Still not *sync* but usable
It still does not 'sync' in my mind (once a tweet is downloaded it's assumed read, and therefore last unread (ie last downloaded) is synced back, even if it's minimised and you haven't 'read' any of them), but this update allows you to turn off auto updating so as long as you read everything in your timeline it won't sit there marking things as read in the background. Can't comment on streams as it breaks sync if I use it! But at least now this is usable for me, Just wish it would only assume read tweets were ones I'd actually read! Then it's be a 4.5
- Richard Hyland
- 2.8 MB
- Social Networking
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2010-2014 RBD Solutions Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.