Re-imagined from the ground up to be the Mac's most friendly, powerful and modern Twitter client. Twitterrific makes Twitter fun.
⁕ Twitter Your Way
A clean, uncluttered timeline featuring just the content you care about. Tweets are presented in chronological order and other people's likes aren't placed in your timeline.
⁕ Designed for macOS
Twitterrific feels right at home on the Mac. Support for Notification Center, Retina displays, built-in sharing, beautiful animations, full-screen mode & more.
⁕ Timelines Galore
Take control of your tweets with multiple timeline windows from the same account or multiple accounts, all organized on your Mac’s desktop.
⁕ Full Accessibility
Navigate the timeline, compose tweets, and even attach image descriptions quickly and easily using Voice Over.
⁕ Tweet In Style
Twitterrific's appearance panel supports themes, lets you customize fonts & type sizes, and even lets you control how media appears in the timeline.
⁕ Read Anywhere
Whether you use Twitterrific on your iPhone, iPad, or another Mac, the app automatically syncs your reading position for a seamless Twitter experience.
FULL FEATURE LIST:
• Simple to use, easy to understand
• True multi-account/multi-window support
• View mentions, messages, and favorites quickly and easily
• Timeline syncing of reading position across all platforms via iCloud
• Fully accessible via VoiceOver
• Support for Retweet (RT) & Quoted tweets
• Quick access to Emoji when composing new tweets
• Autocompletion of usernames & hashtags while editing tweets
• View Twitter saved searches and lists
• Check out global and local trending topics
• Browse conversation threads between users
• Support for tweet storms & chained tweet threads
• Quickly Delete & Edit your own tweets
• Translate tweets to your native language
• Helpful color-coding of tweet types
• In-app media viewing for images, animated GIFs, Instagram & more
• Share a tweet with actions for email, Messages, Safari Reading List & more
• Muffles & mutes synced from Twitterrific for iOS via iCloud
• Robust in-app media viewer with detachable popovers
• Customize the appearance of media in the timeline or hide it completely
• View user profiles including past tweets, likes & mentions
• Follow and unfollow other users directly from their user profile
• Block and report spammers with a single click
• Theme control (light or dark)
• Font size & type face control
• Robust keyboard control
Added a setting to keep your timelines pinned to the top, disable Emoji in names, and fixed a few bugs.
• Added a General preference to keep timelines pinned to top
• Added an Appearance preference to disable Emoji in names
• The Preferences window now supports Mojave's dark theme
• Fixed a crash when uploading some unusual image formats
• Fixed issue that could cause thumbnail images to be resized with the wrong aspect ratio
• Fixed an issue that sometimes caused images dropped from Photos into the compose window to attach to twice
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve been using Tweetbot for both Mac and iOS for many years, having purchased Twitterific previously. Whilst Twitterific will never beat Tweetbot in terms of advanced power features like mute filters and the like, it is simply a league above in terms of ease of use, interaction and overall aesthetic. You can really tell that the developers have paid attention to some many little details. This makes the app a joy to use. Plus the notification sounds on both iOS and Mac are amazing.
Overall, Twitterific will serve as my main workhorse for Twitter while occasionally dipping into Tweetbot for an advanced search. But compared to Ollie, Tweetbot looks so dated and bleak.
I got the app when on sale for £7.99. At that price, it’s a steal. Go get it. It’s the best you can get for Mac, even more so now that the awful official Twitter client for Mac is being retired.
Does the job but still confusing
I am a very basic Twitter user but wanted to find a decent app now the official Mac client has been discontinued. I tossed between Twitterific and Tweetbot and chose Twitterific because people said it was easier to use, but I haven’t found that the case. I find the interface design a bit weird - it isn’t obvious how to do certain basic things, and other behaviours are downright bizarre (good luck trying to scroll to the top of your feed - it takes you to a number of random different locations just by pressing home). I hoped for something more slick for the money.
So i have used both twitterrific and Tweetbot, on both Mac/iOS and well i almost instantly started to enjoy using this more than anything! its become my main app on iOS and now my mac too! its brilliantly designed, just wished we had more options for the colours around the navigation system but overall a splendid job done! Keep up the good work and i hope many updates will come!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.