Twitterrific is the award-winning, elegant Twitter client that’s easy to understand and a delight to use. Tweeting has never been simpler or so much fun!
Browse Twitter free from the clutter of promoted tweets. Use Muffles to hide tweets containing words, phrases, people and hashtags from the timeline that you don't want to see. Customize fonts, appearances, image thumbnails and more via the theme panel. Quickly respond to tweets, change accounts or view conversation threads with a minimum of effort using gestures. Rich media support including multiple images & Twitter animated GIFs.
Robust VoiceOver support means Twitterrific is fully accessible for users with vision impairments. Extensive keyboard shortcuts make Twitterrific a breeze to use with an external keyboard.
• Browse Twitter free from the clutter of promoted tweets, while you away & more
• Chronological timelines that present ALL tweets in the order you expect
• Syncs your reading position automatically across iPhone & iPad using iCloud
• Easily add alternate image descriptions to make your tweets more accessible
• Effortlessly delete and edit your tweets to quickly fix typos or mistakes
• Muffles - Hide unwanted words, phrases, hashtags, users & more from view
• Center Stage - Media-centric timeline that puts images front & center
• Theming - Customize fonts, avatar shapes, home screen icons and text size
• Auto switching to to Twitterrific's dark theme at night is easy on the eyes
• Universal app for iPhone & iPad with both portrait & landscape support
• Intuitive gestures makes browsing and tweeting more fun than ever
• Best-in-class VoiceOver support for award-winning accessibility
• Robust multi-image support
• List management support
• 3D Touch support
• External keyboard support
For a complete list of Twitterrific features, visit Twitterrific.com for more information!
An optional auto-renewing Tip Jar subscription is available for $0.49 per month (price varies by territory). Payments will be charged to your iTunes Account after confirmation. Subscriptions are automatically renewed unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription period. Accounts will be charged for subscription renewals within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed in your iTunes Account’s Settings after purchasing.
Improved drag and drop support on iPad, added a new URL scheme that's perfect for Shortcuts, and fixed a few bugs.
• Tapping the thumbnail within a quoted tweet will now directly open the media viewer for the quoted tweet
• Added a new keyboard shortcut to the main timeline to open a URL from your clipboard: CMD-Control-V
• [iPad] Drop a URL dragged from another app on the main timeline to open it within Twitterrific
• [iPad] Drag from a tweet's author name, avatar, timestamp, or quoted tweet to drop a link to that tweet into any other app that accepts URLs
• [iPad] Drag a thumbnail image from a tweet and drop it into any other app that accepts images
• [iPad] Drag any of the above from one account in Twitterrific to another by switching accounts with your other hand while dragging
• [iPad] Drag any URL, image, or text from any other app (or from within Twitterrific) and hover over the compose button to open a new tweet
• Added a URL scheme that accepts any Twitter URL and opens the tweet or user profile: twitterrific://?url=[url_to_open]
• Fixed a bug that caused some videos to only loop once instead of indefinitely
• Addressed an issue that caused the cache to grow excessively and affect app performance over time
• Fixed an issue that caused the keyboard to dismiss after switching apps while the keyboard was visible
Muffles and Mutes:
Ratings and Reviews
Just about perfect
I've been using Twitter for a many years now — since the iPhone 3G came out, and I've been using Twitterrific for most of that time, and for good reason: this is just about the perfect Twitter app!
It's gorgeous and functional (unlike the official app), and is made by a team of people who have a thing for making great looking, and easy to use apps.
It receives regular updates, and given it was the first Twitter app on the App Store, that’s quite a feat of dedication, which I feel has shown itself with its quality.
Absolutely my favourite feature of the app is swiping left or right over a text box to move the character cursor over one letter. Composing a tweet can sometimes be fiddly, and this gesture, that I cannot believe Apple hasn’t robbed for use elsewhere in iOS, quickly becomes instinctive. I’ve found myself trying it in other apps, only to be mildly disappointed.
The interface is highly customisable too, with features such as a night mode, and being able to change the font the app uses entirely.
Basically, everything the official app should be, and so much more.
My favourite app
I've used this app every day for several years now. The free version was fine, but it's well worth the money to add all features. Devs are communicative, and they've even implemented a couple of my minor suggestions. Performance has improved over the last few versions too. (Remember to clear account cache if it gets unresponsive.)
Video posting's been added. Woo!
Poll detection... Bit wonky, but better than nothing.
1. Better (faster) UI for account switching. How about…
- Put other account icons in the user sidebar, thus allowing switching by "tap, tap", rather than "tap and hold [wait], tap".
- Actually, the old twitter app's permanent account icons sidebar was great - a single tap to account switch!
2. Bring back avatar re-sizing in the timeline. Too big!
3. Clear cache of ALL accounts at once. Update: They say it's not possible. Oh well.
Apart from the above, I do like the look and layout, inline previews and in-app browser.
Developer Response ,
Appreciate the constructive feedback so much, thanks! Also, thanks for taking the time to leave the review, it really helps. Enjoy!
My favourite Twitter client after 3 years
Twitterrific does it's name justice - it is truly terrific as a Twitter client with the ease of reading your favourite tweets either on the iPhone or iPad. 'Delete and edit' is a genius bonus to the function. If you had to make one purchase for a Twitter client, make this your only :)
I love Twitterrific - the simplicity and elegance of the layout really made reading tweets easier and the send to pocket is definitely the one I use most. I really want to be able to see who retweeted or favourited my tweets when I click on the tweets! Please add this function :)
- The Iconfactory
- 23.2 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © The Iconfactory
- In-App Purchases
- Enhanced £4.99
- Tip Jar Subscription £0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.