Twitterrific is the award-winning, elegant Twitter client that’s easy to understand and a delight to use. Tweeting has never been simpler or so much fun!
Browse Twitter free from the clutter of promoted tweets. Use Muffles to hide tweets containing words, phrases, people and hashtags from the timeline that you don't want to see. Customize fonts, appearances, image thumbnails and more via the theme panel. Quickly respond to tweets, change accounts or view conversation threads with a minimum of effort using gestures. Rich media support including multiple images & Twitter animated GIFs.
Robust VoiceOver support means Twitterrific is fully accessible for users with vision impairments. Extensive keyboard shortcuts make Twitterrific a breeze to use with an external keyboard.
• Browse Twitter free from the clutter of promoted tweets, while you away & more
• Chronological timelines that present ALL tweets in the order you expect
• Syncs your reading position automatically across iPhone & iPad using iCloud
• Easily add alternate image descriptions to make your tweets more accessible
• Effortlessly delete and edit your tweets to quickly fix typos or mistakes
• Muffles - Hide unwanted words, phrases, hashtags, users & more from view
• Center Stage - Media-centric timeline that puts images front & center
• Theming - Customize fonts, avatar shapes, home screen icons and text size
• Auto switching to to Twitterrific's dark theme at night is easy on the eyes
• Universal app for iPhone & iPad with both portrait & landscape support
• Intuitive gestures makes browsing and tweeting more fun than ever
• Best-in-class VoiceOver support for award-winning accessibility
• Robust multi-image support
• List management support
• 3D Touch support
• External keyboard support
For a complete list of Twitterrific features, visit Twitterrific.com for more information!
An optional auto-renewing Tip Jar subscription is available for $0.49 per month (price varies by territory). Payments will be charged to your iTunes Account after confirmation. Subscriptions are automatically renewed unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription period. Accounts will be charged for subscription renewals within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed in your iTunes Account’s Settings after purchasing.
⁕ Updated to comply with Twitter's new third party app developer restrictions. ⁕
On August 16th, Twitter initiated their plan to shut down several services that Twitterrific and other third-party clients have long depended on to provide features you've come to know and love. Twitter's rollout of this shut down was done in stages so that the affected services would flicker 'on' and 'off' with increasingly long 'off' durations until finally remaining 'off' permanently. The final shutdown date has now arrived and as a result we have removed all of the features from Twitterrific that had become increasingly unreliable over the previous week.
Push Notifications have been removed. Workaround: Install Twitter's official app and enable the notifications you wish to receive. You can still use Twitterrific to read and reply to tweets as usual.
The Today view has been removed. Workaround: Use the notifications tab in Twitter's official app or on the Twitter website.
Live streaming has been removed. Workaround: Twitterrific will now automatically refresh every few minutes while the app is open, or you can manually pull to refresh.
Direct message delivery will be delayed. Workaround: Wait longer, or use the official Twitter app and/or website.
We are sorry for this and wish we had better news. We will continue to work on the app for as long as we can and explore better workarounds where possible. Thank you for being a loyal Twitterrific customer over the years. We are forever grateful.
• The option to remove emoji from display names now also applies to muffled tweets
• Fixed an issue where muffle rules of the form "@username retweets" were incorrectly matching as if they were "retweets @username" rules
Ratings and Reviews
Just about perfect
I've been using Twitter for a many years now — since the iPhone 3G came out, and I've been using Twitterrific for most of that time, and for good reason: this is just about the perfect Twitter app!
It's gorgeous and functional (unlike the official app), and is made by a team of people who have a thing for making great looking, and easy to use apps.
It receives regular updates, and given it was the first Twitter app on the App Store, that’s quite a feat of dedication, which I feel has shown itself with its quality.
Absolutely my favourite feature of the app is swiping left or right over a text box to move the character cursor over one letter. Composing a tweet can sometimes be fiddly, and this gesture, that I cannot believe Apple hasn’t robbed for use elsewhere in iOS, quickly becomes instinctive. I’ve found myself trying it in other apps, only to be mildly disappointed.
The interface is highly customisable too, with features such as a night mode, and being able to change the font the app uses entirely.
Basically, everything the official app should be, and so much more.
My favourite app
I've used this app every day for several years now. The free version was fine, but it's well worth the money to add all features. Devs are communicative, and they've even implemented a couple of my minor suggestions. Performance has improved over the last few versions too. (Remember to clear account cache if it gets unresponsive.)
Video posting's been added. Woo!
Poll detection... Bit wonky, but better than nothing.
1. Better (faster) UI for account switching. How about…
- Put other account icons in the user sidebar, thus allowing switching by "tap, tap", rather than "tap and hold [wait], tap".
- Actually, the old twitter app's permanent account icons sidebar was great - a single tap to account switch!
2. Bring back avatar re-sizing in the timeline. Too big!
3. Clear cache of ALL accounts at once. Update: They say it's not possible. Oh well.
Apart from the above, I do like the look and layout, inline previews and in-app browser.
Appreciate the constructive feedback so much, thanks! Also, thanks for taking the time to leave the review, it really helps. Enjoy!
My favourite Twitter client after 3 years
Twitterrific does it's name justice - it is truly terrific as a Twitter client with the ease of reading your favourite tweets either on the iPhone or iPad. 'Delete and edit' is a genius bonus to the function. If you had to make one purchase for a Twitter client, make this your only :)
I love Twitterrific - the simplicity and elegance of the layout really made reading tweets easier and the send to pocket is definitely the one I use most. I really want to be able to see who retweeted or favourited my tweets when I click on the tweets! Please add this function :)
- The Iconfactory
- 17.3 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © The Iconfactory
- In-App Purchases
- Everything £4.99
- Remove Ads £2.99
- Push Notifications £2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.