Tynker for Schools - Learn programming and build games with visual code blocks
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Learn to program with puzzles and easily build your own games. No internet connectivity required. Start by solving coding puzzles. Over 200 puzzles included in 4 adventures. Great for Hour-of-Code and more. Easily build games using the Tynker Workshop, with themed graphics, 10 game-kits and customizable characters to inspire imaginative games and stories. Plus, new classroom management features for teachers via tynker.com.
*** Parents’ Choice Gold Award
*** Featured by Apple in Education, Kids & Best New Apps
*** Editor's Choice, Children's Technology Review
*** Rated 5 stars for Engagement, Common sense media
*** Rated “Best for 8-14” by USA Today
*** Award of Excellence from Strictly Mobile
”Tynker makes programming more accessible and fun for kids, regardless of prior experience.”
“One of the best learn-to-code apps we've seen for younger kids - Nice work!”
PLAY! Learn programming with puzzle adventures (Over 200 levels)
- Codey’s Quest - Use logic and loop variations to lead Codey home.
- Dragon Journey - Create functions and subroutines to lead your dragon through the forest.
- Lost in Space - Apply conditional logic to lead astronaut Biff to his moon base.
- Lazer Racer - Draw complex geometric shapes using simple commands in this futuristic racing game.
- Unlock hidden bonus games in every adventure.
- Puzzle Solutions Available
CREATE! Then, build your own games with Tynker Workshop
-- Create games and apps quickly with the same visual programming language introduced in the puzzle adventures
- Define your own functions and variables
- Build musical projects using the built-in notes for piano, electric guitar and drums.
- Add tilt, touch and other native behaviors to your games
- Work offline without Internet connectivity
NEW! Multi-user support and classroom management capabilities for teachers. When teachers create an online Tynker account and add their students…..
Teachers can create classrooms with multiple student accounts
Each student can save their puzzle progress and projects they create
Students can seamlessly access projects from web or mobile devices
Teachers can review student iPad projects from a web-enabled computer
Teacher can create and publish a class showcase with best student projects
GOODIES! Includes plenty of inspiration to create an unlimited portfolio of games and projects to play with friends:
- Built-in animation engine lets kids create millions of fluidly-animated, professional-quality characters for their games and projects
- Built-in physics engine for advanced games
- 6 Characters with swappable parts and props, and 24 stunningly realistic animation sequences
- 10 complete pre-built game kits to remix your own game
- 5 Media Themes with hundreds of assets - Fantasy, Adventure, Sci Fi, Modern and Spooky
- Growing library of sample projects
What do Children learn?
Pattern recognition, problem solving, sequencing, spatial visualization, algorithmic thinking, how to debug programs. Introduces concepts like sequencing, repetition and conditional logic. Reinforces basic geometry concepts while using programming to draw angles and lines.
Tynker (www.tynker.com) inspires kids to create and collaborate through programming, in a visual, intuitive and imaginative way. More than 10,000 schools and 9 million kids have started coding with Tynker -- building critical computational thinking skills for future success.
The Tynker programming language is inspired by visual programming languages such as Scratch from MIT, Alice from CMU, and other programming languages like Logo, SmallTalk, and Squeak.
What's New in Version 2.6.5
- New 64-bit build
- Fixed crashing bugs on custom keyboards
- Category: Education
- Updated: 18 February 2015
- Version: 2.6.5
- Size: 146 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Neuron Fuel, Inc.
- © Neuron Fuel, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.